YASSSSSSS! I'm making RO/DI!!!!!

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I set up my RODI unit and making my first 35 gallons. I realized how many trips I was making back and forth to my LFS, money in gas, money spent buying RODI water and you can never go and just buy RODI water :) I was like, why did I not set an RODI unit up sooner. Definitely one of the best purchases I made and saving money in the long run. :)

OP
OP
B

bdyslm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I set up my RODI unit and making my first 35 gallons. I realized how many trips I was making back and forth to my LFS, money in gas, money spent buying RODI water and you can never go and just buy RODI water :) I was like, why did I not set an RODI unit up sooner. Definitely one of the best purchases I made and saving money in the long run. :)

the money on the water wasn't such a big deal for me. Most of the time my LFS didn't even charge me because I was spending so much on livestock and other stuff. lol. It's more the time it took me to get there and back. but I was generally keeping 4 5g buckets stocked so didn't need to go quite as much as I was. my dt goes through about 5 gallons of ro/di a week. either way...it's a relief to just make my own and start making my own sw and be independent and not HAVE to go make that 3 hr trip.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It literally took 1 single trip to the store for about 40 gallons of water about 10 years ago for me to buy an rodi immediately. I will never understand how people can carry on with buying and hauling water for any length of time at all. That is for the birds. An RODI filter is literally the first thing I recommend to anyone I’m helping get started up. Even before purchasing a tank itself. Want to have a saltwater aquarium of any kind? First things first. Rodi filter. Then decide how big a tank you want and go from there. If the cost of an rodi filter isn’t doable, this is not the correct hobby.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back