Yeah baby - yeahhh!!!! 150g!!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acros aren't browning anymore <3 Everything looks good aside from the cyano mess. I wonder if I can use that little reactor for biopellets or somesuch?

Glad everything is looking good. Sometimes I think cyano just has to run its course. I have it in the seahorse tank but not in the LPS tank. Both tanks have the same water and lights but the seahorse tank has only been up less than a year, the LPS tank has been up for 2 years but the rock and sand were transported from a tank from 2004. Keep up good husbandry and perhaps try the pellets or vinegar dosing and you will surely beat it eventually. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad everything is looking good. Sometimes I think cyano just has to run its course. I have it in the seahorse tank but not in the LPS tank. Both tanks have the same water and lights but the seahorse tank has only been up less than a year, the LPS tank has been up for 2 years but the rock and sand were transported from a tank from 2004. Keep up good husbandry and perhaps try the pellets or vinegar dosing and you will surely beat it eventually. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Well, I can't have it smothering my corals, and it was taking over pretty bad. The chemiclean seems to be doing its job, though, so hopefully it'll be gone (or at least well-reduced) soon!

Then I just have to get rid of that flippin' aiptasia....the nudis seem to have died off or somethin'. ;_; Stuff's too big for the shrimp, so....gonna try my luck with a copperband. I'll get a whiteworm culture started first so hopefully I'll have something it'll readily eat on hand.

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you are right about that, definitely can't allow any corals to be smothered! I really do hate aiptaisia too. That is one thing I never put off treating. Seems like 1 can go to 100 in no time.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to hear about your fish returning! sounds like your tank is shaping up into quite a display! you must post pics at some point

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught a fireworm the other day...needless to say, he is no more...
The tank looks good after the chemiclean and vacuuming. Got some photos on my bro's phone and he says he'll send them to me soon <3

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1911659_10152439586917918_8533313176351821571_n.jpg 10403371_10152439586572918_1988934995143451751_n.jpg

Love the rock work:)

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right...rocks are epoxied, frags are glued...I add the scaredy-cat blue tang first, then the purple in a day or two...I need to sell the clown, though...she likes to nest in the LPS and she's so big she hurts them XP

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The, uh....fun...never ends.
SO I put Blue the blue tang (I know the name's bad - so shoot me) in last night. This morning she shows up scratching so much she won't stop to eat, and she has a tidy little group of white spots on her. It's not ich, but she was itching so bad she had me worried it might be a different parasite. About an hour, three people, damaged rockwork and a couple injured frags later, she's back in QT. Took me another good hour to put the rocks back together and reglue the damaged frags. The kicker? After all that, my suspicion has become that she brushed up against a bristle worm or somesuch. She ate normally this evening. If she looks no worse tomorrow and still has a good appetite, I'll drop her back in and hope for the best.
Hopefully I didn't kill any corals. A couple of them don't look happy at all. I lost my strawberry shortcake acro frag for a bit and that worried me, but I did eventually find it.

*sigh* I wish things would settle down already!!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything seems to have survived my well-meaning mauling....and Blue isn't scratching anymore, though the spots (which are definitely NOT ich or flukes) are exactly as they were.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything seems to have survived my well-meaning mauling....and Blue isn't scratching anymore, though the spots (which are definitely NOT ich or flukes) are exactly as they were.

I am glad it seems as though everything is ok. Ha ha, your names for your fish are as original as mine. I had a yellow Tang who was Tango!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad it seems as though everything is ok. Ha ha, your names for your fish are as original as mine. I had a yellow Tang who was Tango!
Normally I do better XD I'm thinking about calling the purple tang Rick. Good news, he and Blue seem to be getting along very well. I was nervous because Blue is a scaredy-cat and I thought she might get bullied, but they're hanging out together quite nicely.

I would not have purchased two tangs for this tank...I really hate fish fighting...but they came together with the setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy n_n Blue is healing, the corals look happy, and the two tangs are still getting along nicely.
I had berghia from reefapalooza, but I think all but one died...which doesn't work well for beating aiptasia. >.< I'm also beginning to believe some are mojanos, which isn't helping either. I'm gonna order a whiteworm culture and POSSIBLY some brine shrimp to hatch, then get my paws on a copperband.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaargh the duncan must have taken too much of a beating from catching Blue. The brown jelly's back. Not sure what to do now, since it's quite glued to the rock....

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaargh the duncan must have taken too much of a beating from catching Blue. The brown jelly's back. Not sure what to do now, since it's quite glued to the rock....

I wonder if you used sanolife mic-F, a probiotic in your water for awhile if it would knock out the brown jelly. My guess is that brown jelly is bacterial in nature so beneficial bacterias might out compete the bad ones. We seahorse keepers use it to keep dangerous bacterias inhibited in the seahorse tanks.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.

What I ended up doing was pulling it off the rock (apparently the glue wasn't really holding anyway) and dipped it in peroxide like I did last time. I'm gonna do it one more time before I leave Dad's and it should be good to go. Poor thing, though :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything's looking good and....
Um....wow....my bristleworms in the tank are....getting it on.
ALSO - aiptasia is gone! Need to rehome the berghia posthaste!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back