Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL yeah XD
Everything's growing, even the acros <3 I'M SO HAPPY!!

Got a copperband yesterday...he's doing great! Very confident, inquisitive little fellow, and he's even eating frozen brine already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna buy him some nutramar ova ASAP, since I'm having trouble finding food small enough for his tiny mouth (and I know brine isn't really sustaining.) Wish I had ready access to Reef Frenzy...I'd be trying that if I did. Need to dig through the freezer and see if I have any of that Rod's sample left...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, so much for that. He's now decided he doesn't want any of my frozens after all. On to plan B...gotta get me some live foods.

reeflover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live black worms worked for me when I first got mine. Even though I got him eating frozen at first he would only eat live worms

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...A little frustrated...they said the butterfly at the store is eating frozens like a pig, whereas mine is refusing everything I've tried. They lent me some rockwork with aiptasia on it to get him started...and this little butthead's gonna live if I have to force-feed him ><

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the little guy didn't make it. Wouldn't even take the live aiptasia put in the QT for him, even though his counterpart at the store is eating frozens like a pig. Sick to my stomach. Won't be getting another, at least not for a few years.

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can be finaky and sadly like mandarins a lot perish mine well not eat anything frozen or pre made but I waited 2 yrs to get one and a yr down the road he is fat and happy I keep my fudge full of pods and add about 200 pods to my DT at the beginning of the month might seem excessive but being as I never see them in the DT show's how fast he eats them since that's all they do is hunt they also we'll eat feather duster just what's worked for me if you try another

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the butterflies but m not getting another :/ as for the dragonets, I may get another of those, as I have had success with them twice before.I saw a lovely little captive-bred ruby-red at the store the other day...maybe I'll get him if he's still there.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY happy with my tank right now <3 The strawberry shortcake acro looks a little off....not sure what to make of it...it was bleaching on one side and browning on the other, which I attributed to my LEDs, and moved it, and now it's a more-or-less even slightly ghosty pink. It's not necrosing or anything like that, so maybe it's just recovering. Everything else is blazing right along like no tomorrow, though. The growth on my Sunny Ds in particular is amazing. It's gone from about five polyps to a nearly palm-sized colony.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...I just got to go take care of my tank this week...and I'm a little puzzled. My gonis are hanging on so hopefully I can bring them back, though they've receded some (I kind of neglected it this past month because I overbooked myself). Things are going swimmingly otherwise; my nitrates are coming down, and all my LPS, zoas and palys seem to be thriving...even the montis are doing great...yet my acros and chalice seem to be toast T-T and I don't know why.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though things seem to be settling out (with the exception of the sticks...maybe the LPS didn't like them?) I must admit to a general feeling of fear and sadness when I think of moving forward. Losing that copperband was upsetting and I'm definitely rethinking my skill level. I don't want to accidentally kill anything else. The mistakes I've already made are bad enough. I also dreamt my tank broke. I don't know...I still want my tank and I want to stock it and frag things and etc...but there's this undercurrent of fear I'm finding difficult to get past.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may know what's killed those corals. There's some major rust on some of my hose clamps, so it may be getting into the water. Gotta replace those posthaste!!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided that goniopora, as much as I love it, is not for me right now. I just can't be at Dad's enough to keep them adequately fed.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the trouble, and the fear can really suck, but when things take off it's rewarding! Even when my tank is going well some things just don't make though...

How often are you over to see the tank?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also worry about my tank and being responsible for the creatures I keep. When I was servicing tanks for the lfs I worked for I once took care of a beautiful 250g bowfront. It was a FOWLR system with puffers, tangs, clowns, angels and cardinal fish. I was super busy one week as I was preparing to go on a mission trip and doing a lot of tanks, the 250g bowfront among them. I was tired and it was the end of the day but I remember stopping for a minute just to enjoy how good the tank looked with its 16 fish in the peak of health and then I left. It still horrifies me to remember when I got a phone call at 7 am the next morning, the office the bowfront was in said that the tank was full of dead fish. In my weariness I had forgot to turn on the return pump and 11 of them died of lack of oxygen. I cried for weeks because I knew my careless mistake caused their deaths. I finally reconciled with myself because we are human and even the most conscientious of us can make mistakes. That is why we need God's grace. We purpose to do our very best, but when things go wrong we need to follow the Lord's example and give ourselves grace. That is how I was able to move forward!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back