Year lost Summary!!

pepinostar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone I am 2 years into the hobbie learned a lot. My tank is well stablished now. I have had my episodes of this and that( gha,vermetid, few hitchhiker) I do believe the everyday events in the hobbie. Few experiments and automatization of my tank to lead me to less frequency of WC (dosing and denitrator) after extensive reading and learning I can say that the tank is self sustainable.
But I have had fish losses that can't be explained .. my system is 120 gallons plus 80gallon sump water parameters close to ideal little fluctuations. Successfully keeping lps, sps, some BTA (No water issues)....
I lost in the lapse of a year
-2 diamond gobies one at a time
-1 firefish
-1 royal dotty back
-2 very small prawn gobies
My tank has a mesh lead, no jumpers and the sump is designed in Chambers no physical way from the the first chamber to the rest and they are no were to be located. They are to many lost fish to be hanging out In the water flaw box or the sump.
I do never disrupt my rock work in the search of no one who ever is gonne well is gonne. I do believe my CUC is really responsive. I found no trace of these mysterious cases
Actual population is the ones that I call main residents they grew up in this tank they will be named in arrived order 3 clownfish, bristle tang kole, blue hippo, sixline wrasse, yellow watchman gobie paired with a pistol shrimp, sailfin tang, foxface, 3 pajama cardinal, blenny lawnmower, and last added since baby porcupine puffer ( he does not eat anything that does not come from my fingers and in the opposite he is bullied by the sailfin tang, he is rarely betwen the rocks and he is way to slow and confy waiting on his meaty raw table shrimp dinner) not the killer.
I like to spend time watching them I have never seems any aggressive behaviour towards the missing ones they lived for several months in the tank and dissappear one by one they had their crevices the firefish was somehow hiding all the time showed up for dinner time always, the dotty was on and about all the time the diamond gobies became a little skinny before dissappear one lasted over a year the replacement only 3 months the small prawn gobies were so small they fitted in the rocks pores no one could reach them and I saw them coming out at dinner times. Well I have no idea ho is the killer and I am afraid to add up another fish. Although the diamond gobie is a must have. Thought I share my issue someone my have a clue what is happening here have a wonderful new year and thank you all for such a wonderful reef community ❤️

20221226_120016.jpg 20221226_120336.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost two fish last week; one jumped out overnight and the other just disappeared (maybe it'll turn up, but it's unlikely). 99% of deaths or disappearances are due to misadventure in my tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back