Yellow Assessor & Filefish Question

• Thread starter User1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
Good Afternoon.

I had a couple quick questions if you have time. Is it possible to keep multiple Yellow Assessors? Or, is it possible to mix the Yellow with Blue or Randall's?

Second question is about the file fish. I see you have two different listed is there a difference? And how are they with clams? I am considering one to help eradicate a few pest aiptasia that are present and my peppermint shrimp isn't doing anything so far. So was going to give it a try or add a couple more peppermints. I do not want to take a chance on clam 20 :)

Oh - one last question with regards to shipping. Is a box big enough for fish and coral? I figure if I place an order there maybe a frag or two in order.

Thanks. Hope all is well.

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can have more than one assessor in your tank. It’s usually recommended that you add them to the tank altogether but if your tank is large enough and you have enough refuge sites in the event of squabbles you’ll probably be ok. I’m assuming the Randall’s is a gobie. I have no experience on that combination. I’ve had a filefish housed with a very large squamosa clam without a problem but I’ve had more success with aiptasia and peppermints so I’d pick up a few more of those. Just make sure they’re the aiptasia eating lysmata boggessi type. The person you’ve made an order that requires shipping should know what size box is most appropriate.

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
Thanks for the information. The Randall is actually also an assessor. Similar to the blue. I think Yellow and Randall's are more readily available but it is only something that I've recently been looking at.

I'm looking for smaller fish at the moment has I already have the large fish covered with a Scopus and Lavender tang. I'll be adding some damsels later (couple Talbots, Azures) and possibly a trio of Millseed Butterflies. The butterflies will be the last fish and the last of the larger. Just looking to fill in with some smaller fish and the Assessor's caught my attention.

The color is nice and the oddity of swimming upside down is eye catching. I have a few over hangs that I think they would do well in. Then of course there is the thought of adding a harem of Royal Gramma's instead. But alas I only have 1 tank and it is 210 gallons.

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be adding a Blue Assessor to our aquarium in the next set of fish, they seem very interesting and I love the very deep almost black of the blue ones.

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
I’ll be adding a Blue Assessor to our aquarium in the next set of fish, they seem very interesting and I love the very deep almost black of the blue ones.

Yeah - that is what caught my eye. I see a few that are captive raised / bred so was going to try one thus me asking about them here. I see they have the yellow's in stock.

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon.

I had a couple quick questions if you have time. Is it possible to keep multiple Yellow Assessors? Or, is it possible to mix the Yellow with Blue or Randall's?

Second question is about the file fish. I see you have two different listed is there a difference? And how are they with clams? I am considering one to help eradicate a few pest aiptasia that are present and my peppermint shrimp isn't doing anything so far. So was going to give it a try or add a couple more peppermints. I do not want to take a chance on clam 20 :)

Oh - one last question with regards to shipping. Is a box big enough for fish and coral? I figure if I place an order there maybe a frag or two in order.

Thanks. Hope all is well.

You can keep more than one Assessor although I have not tried different species together. The Filefish don't bother corals or clams but have mixed reviews on Aiptasia control. The Radial are different than Aiptasia eating, either fill a different niche in the tank than other fish due to their slow movements and stance. Yes, we can fit any number of corals and fish in a box, we have lots of different box sizes :)

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
You can keep more than one Assessor although I have not tried different species together. The Filefish don't bother corals or clams but have mixed reviews on Aiptasia control. The Radial are different than Aiptasia eating, either fill a different niche in the tank than other fish due to their slow movements and stance. Yes, we can fit any number of corals and fish in a box, we have lots of different box sizes :)

Lol - yeah, I guess I should have known about the box sizes ;)

Thank you for the information. I'll do some more window shopping and see what I can put together. If so I may take one of those yellow assessors off your hands.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%

Back