Yellow coris wrasse hides after tangs introduced?

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, he's still not out yet. I've seen the wrasse attempt to come out a couple of times but now there is aggression from the tang who chases him back in to hiding.

There is no aggression in the tank between the other fish. Is this likely to resolve itself or in your experience will I need to re-home the tang?

Many thanks in advance

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, he's still not out yet. I've seen the wrasse attempt to come out a couple of times but now there is aggression from the tang who chases him back in to hiding.

There is no aggression in the tank between the other fish. Is this likely to resolve itself or in your experience will I need to re-home the tang?

Many thanks in advance
If the wrasse is attempting to come out and the tang just won't let it then likely. It has been a while any further report.

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the wrasse is attempting to come out and the tang just won't let it then likely. It has been a while any further report.
Hi there, apologies for the delay, I'm not a regular on the forum. Yes, unfortunately I had to return the tomini tang. Wrasse is back out and loving life. Thanks for keeping an interest, hopefully this will help others in the future.

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, apologies for the delay, I'm not a regular on the forum. Yes, unfortunately I had to return the tomini tang. Wrasse is back out and loving life. Thanks for keeping an interest, hopefully this will help others in the future.

So explain this one :-D

After moving the tang out, the yellow halichoeres settled back in to aquarium life.....

Only to dissappear again! I haven't seen him for a week, here he is last seen looking healthy and with a with a full belly.

The only aggressive fish in the tank is an ocellaris clown but I've never seen any agresison from her to the wrasse.

Any ideas?! Do I just have a hermit? Perhaps he's scared of covid?

IMG_20200522_180353__01__01.jpg

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So explain this one :-D

After moving the tang out, the yellow halichoeres settled back in to aquarium life.....

Only to dissappear again! I haven't seen him for a week, here he is last seen looking healthy and with a with a full belly.

The only aggressive fish in the tank is an ocellaris clown but I've never seen any agresison from her to the wrasse.

Any ideas?! Do I just have a hermit? Perhaps he's scared of covid?

IMG_20200522_180353__01__01.jpg
Be patient they are tough fish.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently now my new flasher wrasse is on a 2 week disapearance now... at least I am used to it.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flasher wrasse is missing now not worried but it was not in perfect condition before disapearing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back