Yellow coris wrasse juvenile MIA

Evas_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought his little guy as I had flatworms on my elegance. Siphoned a heck of a lot out. Anyway, added this little beauty and fell in love. He’s been super active and loved the part of the tank with the most flow. Then he disappeared! I’ve had a busy couple of days so haven’t been as observant but this is day two of me noticing he’s not there. Checked the sump, weir and scanned about. I moved rockwork and thought maybe he got trapped - he was so fast though so unlikely?! Got a bubble tip nem which my clowns are not remotely interested in.. wonder if he might have been gobbled up by that?! Know they’re sand sleepers and my hubby said he saw him head down in the sand with his tail out. Maybe he croaked it and was a nice tempting snack for the inverts?

Anyway, it’s a mystery. I miss him. I’d like to add another but I’m worried about him making a reappearance and them fighting - unlikely I know, but I’m ever the optimist!

We have a jump guard and I’ve mooched around and no sign of a crispy fish anywhere. Sad part of the hobby. Lost a regal, 2 Copperbands and now a wrasse. My two clowns, blue cheek, pink watchman and algae blenny are all happy as Larry. I’m beginning to wonder if they’re conspiring against new tank mates!

Last fish died of Ich (pinkie the watchman celebrated his departure and came out of hiding). All my original fish did not get Ich and are thriving.

Tank info:
Red Sea G2 250
AI Prime 16HD x2
Maxspect Jump Gyre and Sicce Nano for movement around the back and weir
Octo 110-S Skimmer
⚙️ Jecod return pump
♨️Titanium heater
Red Sea Doser

⚗️Dosing Reef Zlements PH Plus (2 part) finally have our stable levels and ratios right
️ @Hannainstrumentsuk phosphate ULR and Nitrate testers and Salifert tests
chaeto set up with TUNZE echo chic refugium 8831 9w submersible lighting
Residents:

mix of softies, lps and sps

watchman goby and his pistol, clowns, algae blenny, blue cheek goby, yellow coris wrasse?!, cleaner and peppermint shrimps, various snails, conches, hermits, emerald crabs, pin cushion urchin and feather duster worm

54528C80-DE82-431A-8AA9-CBC48E7ECABB.jpeg 6887FA5F-4FD8-4567-BB93-4F8FF4572A61.jpeg 6FCA2512-6E22-4C26-B53B-2B76941B03FC.jpeg 2A20ADBB-184E-4166-968F-4834956F03EB.jpeg 1D3436BC-9956-4766-B4E7-2F653429C43D.jpeg

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it jumped it's probably still in there. If you have nessarius snails, they could have potentially cleaned that up but I'd say its in there. You could do an ammonia test to see If you have decomp. It's possible that your clowns beat it up however I would think you would have noticed that aggression pretty much immediately upon putting the fish in. Side note, if you had a fish die of "ich" in your system it's very very likely that you still have ich in your system. You might try posting in the fish disease thread for help with that as this could be the COD for your wrasse.

OP
OP
Evas_reef

Evas_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it jumped it's probably still in there. If you have nessarius snails, they could have potentially cleaned that up but I'd say its in there. You could do an ammonia test to see If you have decomp. It's possible that your clowns beat it up however I would think you would have noticed that aggression pretty much immediately upon putting the fish in. Side note, if you had a fish die of "ich" in your system it's very very likely that you still have ich in your system. You might try posting in the fish disease thread for help with that as this could be the COD for your wrasse.
Hi, thanks for your insights. I did wonder about the Ich issue. I’ll also run an ammonia test. We do have ness snails so it did cross my mind that they might have hoovered any remains up. I’ll hold off a bit and check out the Ich threads.

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's playing hide and seek lol. One thing I'd keep an eye on is when he emerges if he's stressed and your tank has ich then he can get it so be ready to pull and treat if you can ever catch him which makes thisa sticky situation. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back