Yellow Coris wrasse

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a yellow coris wrasse over a week ago probably close to two weeks now and I’ve not seen him since ‍♀️ I don’t watch the tank 24/7 but I’ve watched it enough to wonder if the wrasse is still in the tank.
The watchman goby is out more often then usual and I’m no longer seeing flatworm eggs anywhere so I’m hoping it’s still just hiding
How long is the longest others have had a yellow coris wrasse seem to disappear?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Although they are good hiders and burrowers, they are also good jumpers and even can sneak into overflow and end up in sump
Some areas to check

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with @vetteguy53081 they are great jumpers. They surf the surface and quick to jump unlike most sand sleeping wrasse that head to the sand when frightened they will head for open air.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not uncommon for them to hide for a few days. Also not uncommon for them to come out at weird hours, only to stay out for a few, then head right back into the sand. This also depends on how long they have been in captivity. It takes them a few weeks to get their circadian rhythm in tune with our light schedules.

Also as noted above, unlike most sand sleeping wrasses, they tend to jump when spooked. I have heard mine hit my lid many times. It has gotten to be quite the strong adult, it can dislodge the lid(simple screen lid) by simply jumping at it.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first added mine over 2 years ago, he hid for almost 2 weeks. I was convinced something ate him or he jumped out. Then one day, I came dowbsy and there he was swimming around like nothing ever happened.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back