yellow/gold torch in scolyma?

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have this scoly for a while now...like 6 months...i just notice today that 3 small yellow/gold torch is growing in the side of the skeleton...i dont know how but i know its not there when i first got the scoly...i have a colony of yellow/gold torch....

any thoughts on how this happened?
i have mix feelings...confused,clueless,happy on the new found...but yeah i did jump when i found it....no actually i was screaming and keep bugging my husband why and how?

thought i wanna share and any opinions is appreciated...i know later on i will have problems on it stinging my scoly....:)

blurry pic
DSC00371.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Custom Aquaria LLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's a nice bonus!!! He very well can/could sting the scoly, although they're a lot like kids and make a liar outta ya everytime! IMO I'd say get him off when you can he probably needs to get some calcareous growth going first and make sure he gets his share of light for now...btw love that favia in the second pic :bigsmile:

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, though the ends of the tenatcles makes me think branching hammer, not torch.

Last edited:

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on it being a hammer, i had the same thing happen to me on a favia, very cool

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone..now i notice,yeah it looks like a hammer since my yellow/gold torch has round tips....wow so now i have gold hammer:)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to watch out, the sweepers can and will sting the scoly. But that is very cool!!

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is really cool looking i must say, but pls watch out, you don't wanna have that gorgeous scoly stung!!

and MOST DEF +1 on that favia in the second pic!! wow!! looks like an ultra grade dragon soul...amazing. and some of the zoas in that pic are jus crazy on the top rack. can i please ask what kind of lights those pics are taken under? thats basically exactly what i want the tint in my tank to look like. please everyone don't hate me for goin off topic, i'm sorry i did. i just had to ask. good luck with your new find!!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lfs had that happen and they had a few torches pop up in 1 of their 120s

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is really cool looking i must say, but pls watch out, you don't wanna have that gorgeous scoly stung!!

and MOST DEF +1 on that favia in the second pic!! wow!! looks like an ultra grade dragon soul...amazing. and some of the zoas in that pic are jus crazy on the top rack. can i please ask what kind of lights those pics are taken under? thats basically exactly what i want the tint in my tank to look like. please everyone don't hate me for goin off topic, i'm sorry i did. i just had to ask. good luck with your new find!!

+1 on this also...that is a perfect lighting for color and visibility

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this also...that is a perfect lighting for color and visibility
hi there...its only actinics on in the pics...(t5's) 3 actinic plus and 1 true actinic...

i run radiums 20k:)

thanks for the compliments:)

charisse

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back