Yellow spot box fish vs wavemaker

Ste.Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’ve got a small yellow spot box fish. One of my favourite fish. I’ve had him 3 weeks (2 weeks in TTM and about a week in my display).

He’s going great, is looking healthy and seems happy, smashes food and always cruising about the tank (never hiding).

The day after he went into the tank I heard a noise and within minutes was looking at my tank, the box fish hadn’t gotten stuck to the side of my left Nero 5 wavemaker. I pulled him off and all has been fine since.
I just finished work a short time ago and was looking at the tank from a distance and thought it was odd I didn’t see him cruising around. Went and looked around and again he was stuck on the left nero 5 almost in the same spot on the side of it. I’ve pulled him off again not sure how long he was on for this time. He looks fine and is swimming around again.

i can only seem to find threads where people suggest if a fish gets stuck to a wavemaker it’s sick. I really don’t think he is though he has showed no signs. Is this perhaps common with box fish given their weird shape and body type?

any advice on what I can do to prevent this from happening again?

pic of the little fella swimming around just now and the wavemaker!

Attachments

• 65200146089__8E4C12AA-3195-4BC4-A7F2-D4E0FDCBC3A7.MOV
    2.4 MB

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a fish guard on it? You can Google Nero 5 fish guard to see if those options work for you. He does seem to be ok from the video.

OP
OP
S

Ste.Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a fish guard on it? You can Google Nero 5 fish guard to see if those options work for you. He does seem to be ok from the video.
Yep I’ve got the guards on both! I have noticed though on that left one between the guard and the fan part there is a little bit of a gap and I think that’s where he’s getting caught.. trying to figure how to close it, on the other one the guard and the fan part meet perfectly so there is no gaps

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back