Yellow Stripe Clingfish and Maxima

PocketClam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that you're not supposed to keep pipefish or seahorses with clams as they have a penchant for killing each other, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with yellow-stripe clingfish? I know they tend to behave totally differently, first off by being active and somewhat competent swimmers instead of scooting along the ground, but I was also concerned by their feeding habits and wanted to know if anyone thought they might nip at sessile inverts like clams or potentially get snapped on themselves for being curious.

rlpardue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow-striped clingfish would be fine with clams. They’re quick and their mouths are tiny.

They love to peck the eggs off of hermits and cleaner shrimp - rather interesting to watch, and the cleaner shrimps didn’t seem too bothered.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure the size of the mouth matters, copper bands have small mouths but I've read they can destroy tridacna. I've personally never had a copper band butterfly go after any clam but a lot of fish can find the mucous on a clam mantle irresistible, even some tangs.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow stripe clingfish and am looking for more info on care requirements

rlpardue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lobster eggs can do the trick. Once females are on the program they do well. The males don’t do well at all in my experience.

OP
OP
PocketClam

PocketClam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to necropost my own thread, does anyone have experience with greenbanded gobies and maximas? I know cleaner (neon and the like) can nip at mantles, do greenbanded have a similar behavior despite not being in the same family as cleaner gobies to begin with?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back