Yellow Stripe Clingfish and Maxima

PocketClam

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that you're not supposed to keep pipefish or seahorses with clams as they have a penchant for killing each other, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with yellow-stripe clingfish? I know they tend to behave totally differently, first off by being active and somewhat competent swimmers instead of scooting along the ground, but I was also concerned by their feeding habits and wanted to know if anyone thought they might nip at sessile inverts like clams or potentially get snapped on themselves for being curious.
 
Yellow-striped clingfish would be fine with clams. They’re quick and their mouths are tiny.

They love to peck the eggs off of hermits and cleaner shrimp - rather interesting to watch, and the cleaner shrimps didn’t seem too bothered.
 
I'm not sure the size of the mouth matters, copper bands have small mouths but I've read they can destroy tridacna. I've personally never had a copper band butterfly go after any clam but a lot of fish can find the mucous on a clam mantle irresistible, even some tangs.
 
I have a yellow stripe clingfish and am looking for more info on care requirements
 
Lobster eggs can do the trick. Once females are on the program they do well. The males don’t do well at all in my experience.
 
So to necropost my own thread, does anyone have experience with greenbanded gobies and maximas? I know cleaner (neon and the like) can nip at mantles, do greenbanded have a similar behavior despite not being in the same family as cleaner gobies to begin with?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new