Yellow Tang & Fire Shrimp

Noobreefer2018

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Tang is missing sections of his tail and dorsal fins since adding a Fire Shrimp. I’ve had the Tang since December. I can only conclude that the culprit is the Fire Shrimp. Are they know to eat like this?

F6258999-8076-431B-B6D1-80A7EED3694C.jpeg
 
Not the fire shrimp. They do the opposite of that, and often act as cleaners.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new