Yellow Tang Prices

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck liveaquaria. Just because they banned collection doesn’t mean they still aren’t one of the most commonly seen fish in tanks. Straight up gouging.

Is it though? I’ve seen plenty of hobbyists selling fingernail sized rainbow chalice frags for $500. Is that gouging? Seems like pretty simple supply and demand. Will be interesting to see if anyone’s willing to pay $550 for a wild caught YT. It’s certainly good that there is a CB source. Cannot imagine what the Achilles tang will sell for; or a flame wrasse..

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone explain the gamestop situation! Lol! I dont follow politics or stocks too much. Lol
D
A Reddit forum basically decided to have all of its members just buy Gamestop stock, sending the price up more than 350% (which is unheard of, basically). The professional wall st people bet that the stock would crash, but it didn't. It shot up even more. Multiple investment firms have already been forced to declare bankruptcy.

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Reddit forum basically decided to have all of its members just buy Gamestop stock, sending the price up more than 350% (which is unheard of, basically). The professional wall st people bet that the stock would crash, but it didn't. It shot up even more. Multiple investment firms have already been forced to declare bankruptcy.

It actually went up near 800%. So anyone who bought the stock when it was at like 5$ is rich now.

Its like AMD stock the company that makes CPUs and GPUs. I told my friend who kept bragging about her having 25k cash in the bank. To go buy 5-10k$ worth of AMD stock. This was right when the Ryzen cpus were coming out. I knew theyd crush intel. And the stock went from 1.80$ to like 90$ last i checked.

Shed have hundreds of thousands of dollars now. If she listened to me. I unfortunatlly didnt have the money to do that. If i did id probsbly be typing this out on my private yahgt in hawaii looking at tangs scooba diving

OP
OP
I

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Someone explain the gamestop situation! Lol! I dont follow politics or stocks too much. Lol
D

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started my first tank yellow tangs were only about $20 and were one of those fish that it seemed like everyone had in their tank, kinda like clownfish are today. Since getting back into the hobby I would never buy one because I though $80 was insane for them.

To go buy 5-10k$ worth of AMD stock.
Years ago a buddy of mine tried to convince me to buy bitcoins when I had never heard of crypto currency. When he described to me what it was I remember saying it was stupid. If I would've spent a few hundred dollars then I would be wealthy today. I beat myself up over that decision regularly.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is 'Deuce' ...
Yellow tangs for$20-$30 no longer exsist?
This is 'Deuce' ....$34.99 (Cdn) 16 years ago. He was evidently quite the bargain lol...

Attachments

• 20210127_224729.jpg
    20210127_224729.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 32

danzig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's criminal. If they were giving the cash to conservation efforts, that would be one thing. At this, they are just profiteering. Shameful
Agreed, in poor taste and borderline disgraceful. I understand its a free market but it never eases the sting of seeing a company you might favor price gouge.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better looking than a black tang and cheaper?!?! Haha! Hopefully captive breeding picks up and the price goes down. There’s always going to be folks re-homing tangs in most areas. It’ll even out and/or the ban will eventually get lifted.

Feel free to let me have it with that bold black tang comment. Great fish. :D

danzig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Or hopefully help drive the further development of captive bred fish for sale.
Yeah that is one upside, im surprised its not done on a larger scale already.. forget the stock market i need to get into yellow tang breeding hehe

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back