Yellow tang QT

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a yellow tang from someone who was closing his tank seemed healthy and swimming normally in his tank, I put it into my 10 gallon qt tank been 1 day without copper yet he is still small, but he’s in a corner not swimming seemed stressed not eating and looks like it’s breathing. Heavily, debating if I should take a chance and put him in my display tank with only a leopard wrasse, or wait it out a couple more days to see if he starts eating or calms down worried any suggestions

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude is most likely just scared to death. Was the other persons tank relatively healthy? What is the reason for QT of a known healthy fish?
I put black around the qt tank will that help, and his fish all seemed healthy no signs of white spots or anything just a lot of Algea from neglect but not that it’s a bad thing. I purchased a fish from my lfs and didn’t QT it and got a huge velvet outbreak and lost everything, I did a 80 day fallow period set up a qt now cuz I’m worried, you suggest putting him in the main display ? Or wait a couple days? or do the copper power 2 weeks ? I posted a video but Iunno if it’s loading on

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see the videos with my phone.. do you have any hiding places for him or nori to nibble on etc?
I put a hiding spot yes and I put nori sheet in the tank now put cblack around the whole tank with just the tank light on to maybe calm it dow

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 12.9%
Back