Yellow tang QT

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a yellow tang from someone who was closing his tank seemed healthy and swimming normally in his tank, I put it into my 10 gallon qt tank been 1 day without copper yet he is still small, but he’s in a corner not swimming seemed stressed not eating and looks like it’s breathing. Heavily, debating if I should take a chance and put him in my display tank with only a leopard wrasse, or wait it out a couple more days to see if he starts eating or calms down worried any suggestions

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude is most likely just scared to death. Was the other persons tank relatively healthy? What is the reason for QT of a known healthy fish?
I put black around the qt tank will that help, and his fish all seemed healthy no signs of white spots or anything just a lot of Algea from neglect but not that it’s a bad thing. I purchased a fish from my lfs and didn’t QT it and got a huge velvet outbreak and lost everything, I did a 80 day fallow period set up a qt now cuz I’m worried, you suggest putting him in the main display ? Or wait a couple days? or do the copper power 2 weeks ? I posted a video but Iunno if it’s loading on

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see the videos with my phone.. do you have any hiding places for him or nori to nibble on etc?
I put a hiding spot yes and I put nori sheet in the tank now put cblack around the whole tank with just the tank light on to maybe calm it dow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back