Yellow Tang Questions

DoubleDoor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Just a few questions and concerns. We bought a yellow at Petco yesterday and he is looking alright so far, he is in quarantine right now. Our concern is that he looks fairly thin at the moment, we fed flake and then we tried frozen but he wasnt going for any of it. We are also seeing that his fins are fully up and are concerned that he might be stressed, he is currently the only inhabitant in the tank.

Thank you for your time,

DoubleDoor

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs need algae every day. Go to your local oriental store and purchase some nori....typically used for sushi. You get a bunch of sheets approximately 8 x 8 inches. Fold and cut this to feed this guy....he should go for it quickly.

HERE is how I do it.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfectly normal for it to be a little skittish and refusing to eat for the first few days. Once it becomes more comfortable it should start eating. My powder blue tang refused to eat anything for almost 2 weeks.

OP
OP
DoubleDoor

DoubleDoor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I can feed nori, I have some available we use in the display tank, I am just concerned about putting too much in the tank and screwing with our levels.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back