Yellow Tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GT02

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap yellow tang setup?
 
Do you have a tank set up? Have you googled the basic requirements for a yellow tang? Your question is very broad, it might help if you clarify your intent
 
they need length not as much depth. I have seen them in the longer 6' or 8' frag tanks which are not deep but have tons of swim room to pick at stuff on the frags.
 
I can't think if anything cheap in the hobby except advice and oppinions.
lol,true。Maybe the cheapest setup is just a small tank, a hang-on-back filter, a few pieces of live rock, a few bubble tip anemones and some pulsing xenia, and two clownfish. That should be the cheapest, lol. Sometimes I really regret getting into this hobby – it's cost me quite a bit of money. If my parents ever found out how much I've spent on fish, they'd say I'm crazy.""If I could go back a year ago, that's how I would do it."
 
Cheap set up for a yellow tang

125 gallon 6 foot tank $1299
Octo 110 skimmer. $349.
75 pounds of sand $75
100 pounds of live rock $349
30 gallon sump. $300.
Two powerheads. $199.
One return pump(SICCE) $189
Two LED lights(optional). $700.
Glass or mesh cover. $99.
300 wTitanium heater $100
stand. . $400
One captive bred tang. $189

This is about $4248. No way you can do it cheap for a tang and be fair to the fish. Plus, you have to cycle the tank and get tang food. This would be a bare minimum size tank. Many people say 180 gallons are needed a zebrasoma

Perhaps you could buy parts preowned that would save you quite a bit of money, but I personally wouldn’t do a large tank without a sump and Plumbing
 
Austin Powers One Million Dollars GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new