VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
892C989A-E22D-437E-BFAA-F78778381BD2.jpeg
F50B95C7-F662-4A2B-A651-C9761CD4D787.jpeg
686884FE-502A-4081-91E3-3B5D28E2A4D4.jpeg
finally finally finally got a yellow watchman after waiting months the first night he just layed out in the open only really moved when a hermit got too close Sunday morning I noticed every now and thenhed start scooting around the bottom but my peppermint shrimp would pick on him anytime he got near the mushroom corals (pretty much his territory in the tank) he payed no attention to feeding time but when my lights went blue he started swimming everywhere updown the corners staying near the top swimming through the rocks even went up to the cleaner shrimp and had its mouth picked at for a good 5 minutes but then Monday morning GONE no where to be found no sighn of him checked the tank on lunch break today still no sighn of him starting to fear the worst is this normal behavior for them to just disappear ?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys will take up home under rocks and in small caves (holes). Cute guy! They are most comfortable with their pistol shrimp companion, so you may want to try to get a pair.
Was he qt'd? Keep an eye out for him. If you cuc, you may never find him if he passed. Hope he pops out for you.

OP
OP
VB313

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys will take up home under rocks and in small caves (holes). Cute guy! They are most comfortable with their pistol shrimp companion, so you may want to try to get a pair.
Was he qt'd? Keep an eye out for him. If you cuc, you may never find him if he passed. Hope he pops out for you.
No i
That’s what I’m afraid of my CUC especially my nasarius snails will make short work of near death fish.....
i don’t QT my LFS does before they put them out for sale (supposedly, I’ve never been in the back room) so I’ve always just taken his word for it

OP
OP
VB313

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he appears. If not, you may want to try to get a pair to better acclimate to your tank. Good luck!
I was talked out of a pistol shrimp with my YWG after my LFS said they constantly dig and can cause my live rock to shift or collapse was also told they were dangerous to my other 2 shrimps and hermits in a 32 biocube

Greg Brugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping in late, but did your YWG ever reappear? I bought a small YWG and pistol shrimp a week or so ago. YWG layers under 1 rock of the aquascape for several days and now he’s no where to be found. I know where the pistol shrimp made his burrow and been keeping my eye to see if he will appear there or not, but no sign of him.

OP
OP
VB313

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40D59D1B-57C9-40C0-9A7C-EC2F74429833.jpeg
Jumping in late, but did your YWG ever reappear? I bought a small YWG and pistol shrimp a week or so ago. YWG layers under 1 rock of the aquascape for several days and now he’s no where to be found. I know where the pistol shrimp made his burrow and been keeping my eye to see if he will appear there or not, but no sign of him.
Nope we eventually purchased another one this ones always out and about unless you move too fast or open my canopy he runs like hell to his hole but only stays hidden for about 10 mins definitely one my favorite fish

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back