Yellow watchman goby missing

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I introduced a new ywg to my tank and I already had one in there, I saw the intital goby go into a hideout where the new one was and I couldn’t find him or see him. Then after a couple days, “today”. I lifted up all the rocks in the tank and couldn’t find him? Any idea where he might be??

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a tight lid? I had a goby jump through a small gap between the lid and the tank. My dog found him and had him for lunch.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only other thought would be somewhere in the filtration compartment in the tank. Not sure how that is constructed on your tank, but I've had that happen with small fish before.

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added ywg and a pistol shrimp to my tank and I didn’t see them for the first 3 weeks and then they appeared. Probably just lurking somewhere. I wouldn’t tear rock apart looking for him you might end up crushing him

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up finding him, since he is so small I think he was living in the holes of my live rock. Weird...
That’s weird- never heard of a ywg to live in a rock, no matter it’s size. Maybe it had a hole burrowed behind a rock not in front so you couldn’t see

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For the future, please post in general section as there are many who have lost power , fish is ridden with ich, chemistry has gone haywire or fish all suddenly dying which are actual emergencies and some of these people get overlooked due to tending to non-emergencies.
It tends to get cluttered at times. Glad you found the fish

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back