Yellow watchman pair question

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
664
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever had ywg pair have babies, I have two of them and i havent seen 1 for a while and when i do its with the other one kinda hiding underneath the same rock as the other, seem normal?
 
Has anybody ever had ywg pair have babies, I have two of them and i havent seen 1 for a while and when i do its with the other one kinda hiding underneath the same rock as the other, seem normal?
Most likely has eggs. Without intervention, you will never see a baby
 
Once I lifted up the rock that my watchman gobies lived under, and sure enough there was a clump of eggs. I sometimes only see one of them as well. Like Wolf said, you won't see any babies.
 
Once I lifted up the rock that my watchman gobies lived under, and sure enough there was a clump of eggs. I sometimes only see one of them as well. Like Wolf said, you won't see any babies.
Why won’t I see babies, will they die and if so how can I make them survive
 
Why won’t I see babies, will they die and if so how can I make them survive
For one thing they’re extremely small, guessing a few mm. They hatch at night. everything in your tank will eat them, and the filtration and powerheads will kill them.They need to eat tiny rotifers to survive, and need to be raised in a separate tank.

That’s why :D
 
For one thing they’re extremely small, guessing a few mm. They hatch at night. everything in your tank will eat them, and the filtration and powerheads will kill them.They need to eat tiny rotifers to survive, and need to be raised in a separate tank.

That’s why :D
Dang that’s really sad
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new