Yellow watchman pair question

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever had ywg pair have babies, I have two of them and i havent seen 1 for a while and when i do its with the other one kinda hiding underneath the same rock as the other, seem normal?

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever had ywg pair have babies, I have two of them and i havent seen 1 for a while and when i do its with the other one kinda hiding underneath the same rock as the other, seem normal?
Most likely has eggs. Without intervention, you will never see a baby

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I lifted up the rock that my watchman gobies lived under, and sure enough there was a clump of eggs. I sometimes only see one of them as well. Like Wolf said, you won't see any babies.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I lifted up the rock that my watchman gobies lived under, and sure enough there was a clump of eggs. I sometimes only see one of them as well. Like Wolf said, you won't see any babies.
Why won’t I see babies, will they die and if so how can I make them survive

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why won’t I see babies, will they die and if so how can I make them survive
For one thing they’re extremely small, guessing a few mm. They hatch at night. everything in your tank will eat them, and the filtration and powerheads will kill them.They need to eat tiny rotifers to survive, and need to be raised in a separate tank.

That’s why :D

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For one thing they’re extremely small, guessing a few mm. They hatch at night. everything in your tank will eat them, and the filtration and powerheads will kill them.They need to eat tiny rotifers to survive, and need to be raised in a separate tank.

That’s why :D
Dang that’s really sad

Back