Yellow watchmen goby help

helwrj28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a yellow watchmen goby about a week ago from an online vendor, and initially he seemed okay, found a little spot along the sand but for the most part he's been swimming within the water column, sometimes near the surface but not gasping for air though.. his fins look frayed.. it's possible there's some aggression within the tank from the clowns... I have a pair of clownfish, a blenny, and a basset. I've seen him eat a little bit, but overall is not that interested and I haven't seen him sifting through the sand since when I first put them in the tank.

I do not have a means of removing / quarantining... Should I consider getting an acclimation box? Any other ideas?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good chance yes and acclimation box will aid with healing

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fins looking rough most likely means someone is bullying him. You can do an acclimation box but imo would work better if you put the bully in the box and let the watchman adjust and settle in the tank

OP
OP
helwrj28

helwrj28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fins looking rough most likely means someone is bullying him. You can do an acclimation box but imo would work better if you put the bully in the box and let the watchman adjust and settle in the tank
Ok so I should really just trap the "alpha" clown? Or should I put the pair in there?

Back