Yellow wrasse with cleaner shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
169
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing a lot of these fish in peoples reefs lately but it is usually listed as a non reef safe wrasse because it had a tendency to eat shrimp and feather dusters? What are your experiences with this fish mixed with cleaner shrimp an feather dusters? I am asking because I am thinking of adding one to my tank but I have feather dusters, peppermint and cleaner shrimp.

Thanks,
Brandon
 
i have a yellow Coris wrasse in my tank with a cleaner shrimp and peppermints .. i have no probs them at all about getting along .. he does not even mess with the banded coral shrimp ..
 
i had mine with cleaners and banded prawns too. no issues there.
 
Exactly what fish are you referring to? There are a couple of wrasses that go by that generic "yellow wrasse" name.
 
I have mine with a cleaner and alot of feathe dusters with no problem.

I had a VERY small peppermint disappear but I do not know if he is to blame.
 
Last edited:
Exactly what fish are you referring to? There are a couple of wrasses that go by that generic "yellow wrasse" name.

I'm referring to halichoeres chrysus , the one called a yellow wrasse on live aquaria in the non reef safe wrasses section. Also known as a yellow coris wrasse, golden rainbowfish, canary wrasse, and golden wrasse . I read online that it was improperly labeled as a coris wrasse so I used the name on live aquaria, sorry for the confusion.
 
I have one with 2 cleaner shrimp (added after the fish if that helps at all), and he doesn't even notice them.

As for small feather dusters (you know the small colonial ones that grow on the LR), they might be in danger. Larger ones are probably okay though (no personal experience on that one).

-Chad
 
got mine with large feather dusters. doesn't even bother them.
 
I'm referring to halichoeres chrysus , the one called a yellow wrasse on live aquaria in the non reef safe wrasses section. Also known as a yellow coris wrasse, golden rainbowfish, canary wrasse, and golden wrasse . I read online that it was improperly labeled as a coris wrasse so I used the name on live aquaria, sorry for the confusion.

Ok gotcha. Like the others have said, mine has never bothered a thing. Great fish IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new