Yellowhead Jawfish and Yellow Watchman Goby

multsh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
57
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I have a 40g reef tank with seahorses, a wheeler goby and YWG (captive bred). The 2 gobies actually live in the same burrow and are inseparable.

Really interested in adding a Yellowhead Jawfish. Will there be any aggression?

Thank you!
 
The jawfish will most likely find and create a burrow of its' own. I have keep them in the past with a diamond goby which is a bit more active than the YWG, and they didn't really bother each other too much. Not sure how seahorses will play into the mix though. I would think it'd be fine.
 
The jawfish will most likely find and create a burrow of its' own. I have keep them in the past with a diamond goby which is a bit more active than the YWG, and they didn't really bother each other too much. Not sure how seahorses will play into the mix though. I would think it'd be fine.
Seahorses won't be an issue. Forgot to mention - the gobies are paired with a candy cane pistol. Does that change the above? Appreciate your help!
 
I have both and they don’t interact at all. The jawfish was the shyest fish in my tank, took a couple of weeks to decide to make her burrow. She may hover around the opening but never strays far.
 
Seahorses won't be an issue. Forgot to mention - the gobies are paired with a candy cane pistol. Does that change the above? Appreciate your help!

I don't see that changing anything. It should be just fine.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new