Yellowhead jawfish sand depth?

harrylikesfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Messages
186
Reaction score
129
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve heard people say 2”, 3”, 4”, 5”, and even 6”. What’s your opinion and can you explain the reasoning behind it? Thanks in advance, I’m considering a few.
 
3" is the best IMO. You could go deeper, but unless you want everything that goes with a deep sand bed, I'd stick with the minimum. I have a blue spot jawfish, and he doesn't even use the deep areas of my sand bed. He literally removed all the sand in a 5" diameter circle down to the glass. After he excavated his corner of his tank, he swims in the water column with his buddy the foxface LOL. They adapt, and some jawfish(like mine) doesn't even care to make a legit burrow if he feels safe.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new