yellowtail damsels

FishAddict87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers and most other fish are prone to ich. I have read that wrasses (fairy) don't get ich so easily because of the "cocoon" they produce while sleeping but I am unsure of this being a known fact. If ich is your main concern then I would recommend setting up a quarantine tank for your new additions and old since they are being held at your lfs. You never know what is in their system. Best advice anyone can tell you is when in doubt, do as much research as possible.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers and most other fish are prone to ich. I have read that wrasses (fairy) don't get ich so easily because of the "cocoon" they produce while sleeping but I am unsure of this being a known fact. If ich is your main concern then I would recommend setting up a quarantine tank for your new additions and old since they are being held at your lfs. You never know what is in their system. Best advice anyone can tell you is when in doubt, do as much research as possible.
Wrasses of different genera are less prone to ich for various reasons, mucus cocoon or sleeping in the sand or even facultative cleaning, but that does not mean that they are immune.

QT is best protocol to avoid any parasites and diseases.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back