Yep, Bumble Bee Snails eat Vermetid snails.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut some Vermetid snails away from my bubble coral, and they came a running to the food source.

IMG_2031.jpeg

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut some Vermetid snails away from my bubble coral, and they came a running to the food source.

IMG_2031.jpeg
My vermetid snails are living on my favorite rock so I can't mess with it. It had covered that rock with webs. Now, I have directed my flow pump towards it and it's web is gone! Now they are coming out of the rock!
IMG20230105192044.jpg

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are the above pictures taken day time? Cause i have bumblebee snails, but mines only come out at night. I also have vermited snails, still see bunch of weds here and there.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

IMG_2031.jpeg
I added 6 and it did not take a day for them to be right on recently discovered vermatids

BuckChoklit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can confirm. These lil guys were a God send for me. I picked up 3 for a reefer 170 that was infested and within a month i saw a huge change. theyre almost all gone

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75g tank is infested bad, and I dropped in 18 BB snails over the last couple months. They’re constantly at work. I don’t see nearly as many webs as I did. It’s too bad the tube shells stay put because it’s hard to tell what’s happening to the infestation, and they’re annoying.

TinCanHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the risk of bumping an old tread can you provide an update and some more info and maybe close-up pics on the type on Vsnails you have, please?

My old system had them bad and I tried BB snails but I never saw one eat one or a reduction in their numbers at all.
I tried a TON of other things like starving, urchins, coral snow, etc but nothing seemed to work for me.

Fast forward to today and my new tank (downsize when I moved) has them starting to pop up. I'm manually removing around 3-4 a week until this week when I found 24 yesterday.

I honestly hate these things with a passion and I would love to have some more info regarding your success/progress.

Many thanks!

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the risk of bumping an old tread can you provide an update and some more info and maybe close-up pics on the type on Vsnails you have, please?

My old system had them bad and I tried BB snails but I never saw one eat one or a reduction in their numbers at all.
I tried a TON of other things like starving, urchins, coral snow, etc but nothing seemed to work for me.

Fast forward to today and my new tank (downsize when I moved) has them starting to pop up. I'm manually removing around 3-4 a week until this week when I found 24 yesterday.

I honestly hate these things with a passion and I would love to have some more info regarding your success/progress.

Many thanks!
just keep on picking them off manually. I take out my rock and use a screw driver to pry them off... is fun.. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back