Yet another Dino Thread

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I know everyone posts one of these at some time or another during their hobby lifeline. It's a right of passage at this point.

I confirmed i do in fact have brown dinos - the stringy type... I let my nitrates & phosphates bottom out.... right when I thought my tank was going to succeed, I began dosing nitrates to keep a healthy 10 ppm & was feeding a healthy amount. I stupidly got back onto a weekly water change route & would dose afterwards and for some reason... I didn't dose. The dino's are here and they're trying to stay... I constantly baste them off my corals as they're growing on everything and suffocating them :( I ordered a IM UV 11 watt for my IM 30 AIO tank - it comes Thursday and I hope that elevated nutrients & good basting will zap them. My thoughts are to continue having elevated nutrients & baste and replace filter floss daily until UV arrives... Should I crank my photoperiod way down? should I go dark until UV comes?

Any insight helps.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is late advice, but dialing back my photoperiod seemed to help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back