Yet another super glue question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tapio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tapio

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
73
Location
San Diego, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem using most super glues (cyanoacrylate), but I have yet to find a packaging that does not clog after a few uses. All tubes get clogged at least for me. Are the small plastic bottles with more glue like CorAffix better or easier to deal with? Or other brands?

I frag mostly SPS but CorAffix does not bond leather corals well. Is there a better for softies?
 
Last edited:
I have the same problem and just make enough frags to use the entire tube.
 
I use the gel variety and wipe the tip off after every use.I then unscrew the cap when I get to the end of the tube.I would be very interested in member's experience with CorAfixx or similar products.
 
Gel in the little 2 tubes for $1 from dollar general here. squeeze carefully and wipe the tip before capping them. 75% of the time, ill get a full use of the tube.
 
I have had trouble with super glue gel from hardware stores, etc. skinning over when it goes under water, then not being able to get it to affix to anything. I have not had this issue with BSI IC-GEL from my LFS. additionally, each tube comes with two screw-on tips and a cap that screws onto the tip. Even failing to clean the tip before replacing the cap i usually only need one of the two tips to compete a tube.
 
I have found it to be easier to avoid if you refrigerate the glue after opening it. I think the cold somehow keeps it from drying...not really sure though.
 
Just thought to conclude this thread for my part. I got the 2 oz bottle of CorAffix and it actually works fine. The tip is not clogging at all if the cap is replaced right away and the glue is fine. They should not even sell the tubes.
 
Just thought to conclude this thread for my part. I got the 2 oz bottle of CorAffix and it actually works fine. The tip is not clogging at all if the cap is replaced right away and the glue is fine. They should not even sell the tubes.

I used gel tubes for a long time and bought my first bottle of CoralAffix a few months ago. It works great and is actually cheaper than the small tubes. You get tons of glue in the CoralAffix bottles. I'm never going back to the tubes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new