In my continued effort to get my Bryopsis and hair algae under control I purchased an Ice Cap Turf Scrubber.
Part of the reason I have algae in the first place is the utter failure of Chaeto growing attempts.
I've tried 3 yes to grow Chaeto in this tank and they all failed and wilted. Mind you I run the Triton System, it has proper nutrients for an algae filter. This is confirmed via ICP tests but it seems the nuisance algae has a lower nutrient floor than the Chaeto. I mean and plus in trying I introduced Aiptasia with one of the batches is fun times.
I also tried one round of sea cabbage from Algae Barn. Same outcome. Eventually over run with goo and died out.
So if you can't beat them join em.
Running theory, I am going the same algae and giving it a better home so it can out produce the display.
While that comes on line I picked up a 3 Lettuce Nudibranch and one Sea Hare. Neither animal I have kept before so it is cool to see a new creature in the house.
The nudibranches have been eh. They definitely sit on the algae.
The Sea Hare on the other hand is a lawnmower. Seems to only prefer the hair and Bryopsis and doesn't bother with the glass. Love this thing.