You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wetmorella's and that Coris dorsomacula?
I would love a coris dorsomacula but don’t know how it would act with my Jade being a similar size once he grows.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goby is out and about. Much happier without a hawk
IMG_2685.jpeg

Wouldn't even know it was missing an eye:
IMG_2687.jpeg
Peek a boo
IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg
IMG_2689.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dennis romano
Ribbon goby update: So I got it last Thursday. It sat in a hole in between the rock sand and glass at the back of the tank most of the time. On Monday it started eating food that came past it. Last night it started to emerge and compete with the other fish for food. It eats anything so its on the same variety diet as the rest of the fish.

Some photos from today:

IMG_2699.jpeg IMG_2703.jpeg IMG_2707.jpeg

Last edited:

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dennis romano
Ribbon goby update: So I got it last Thursday. It sat in a hole in between the rock sand and glass at the back of the tank most of the time. On Monday it started eating food that came past it. Last night it started to emerge and compete with the other fish for food. It eats anything so its on the same variety diet as the rest of the fish.

Some photos from today:

IMG_2699.jpeg IMG_2703.jpeg IMG_2707.jpeg
Nice! I'm jealous.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the AI Blade Grow 48"
Definitely a cool light and it is a reasonably good deal I think. It doubles the power of the fluval light I had on there. My excuse for the purchase is that I now can move the fluval to the eel tank and now have fully automatic lights for both tanks which will be helpful while I'm gone.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the AI Blade Grow 48"
Definitely a cool light and it is a reasonably good deal I think. It doubles the power of the fluval light I had on there. My excuse for the purchase is that I now can move the fluval to the eel tank and now have fully automatic lights for both tanks which will be helpful while I'm gone.
Pretty good! Not a fan of AI (though I’m being a hypocrite cuz I’m using one :rolleyes::grinning-squinting-face:) but ever since I’ve seen the reviews and seeing Reef Dudes try it out and him liking it, I may consider. Still want either RedSea or Radions though,

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty good! Not a fan of AI (though I’m being a hypocrite cuz I’m using one :rolleyes::grinning-squinting-face:) but ever since I’ve seen the reviews and seeing Reef Dudes try it out and him liking it, I may consider. Still want either RedSea or Radions though,
If starting from scratch, on anything but an sps dominated tank, I would probably not choose the ReefLED again.

Yet here I am, with 7 of them.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching the new BRS stuff about lights. It seems like the AI Primes aren't a great light for corals but the Blades are. I certainly noticed the lack of spread when I went from 2 fluval marines to two AI primes + 1 strip but the shimmer got me.
I think I'll need a second strip eventually across the front of the tank but I don't want to spend the money.

I don't have an SPS tank so Red Sea and Radions would be a waste of money.

Last edited:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If starting from scratch, on anything but an sps dominated tank, I would probably not choose the ReefLED again.

Yet here I am, with 7 of them.
Thanks for the advice. Ig I’ll just go down the Radion road. I just wanted another option, but I’ll take your word for it that’s it’s not worth it for my goals rn.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Ig I’ll just go down the Radion road. I just wanted another option, but I’ll take your word for it that’s it’s not worth it for my goals rn.
FTR, radion is Higher up the list of overkill if not for sps IMO. I'd re-buy reefled's before radions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've been watching the new BRS stuff about lights. It seems like the AI Primes aren't a great light for corals but the Blades are. I certainly noticed terrible spread when I went from 2 fluval marines to two AI primes + 1 strip but the shimmer got me.
I think I'll need a second strip eventually across the front of the tank but I don't want to spend the money.

I don't have an SPS tank so Red Sea and Radions would be a waste of money.
I had total success with Primes. remember with these videos, the recommendations arent for everyone. Its hard to watch recommendations on someone's 200 gallon tank when you only have a 50g

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had total success with Primes. remember with these videos, the recommendations arent for everyone. Its hard to watch recommendations on someone's 200 gallon tank when you only have a 50g
Thanks!
After watching the videos I noticed that with the source point lighting rather than strip lighting that the sides of some of my corals are shaded. Maybe that doesn't matter much though.
I still like the primes I just hope they'll work better in combo with strip lights.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I prefer the Reef Flare from Reef Factory. They’re incredible for growing anything. My hammer has already split I believe 2 of its heads and looks to be ready to split all of its heads - one head looks to be ready to split into 3-4 heads!
Whilst under my Red Sea LED, they pushed minimal growth from my clam, SPS pretty much went downhill rather fast under those lights too.
Now I have SPS growing and loving it once they settle. Yes I have a bumpy time with them every so often - currently my Valida and birds nest are bailing out for what seems to be no reason. I feel like my limeberry birdsnest is bailing due to the Coral Goby.

But generally, I really do think the Reef Flare is a great light. But my whole nano is ran by Reef Factory’s things besides the skimmer, heater and pumps. My only issue is I can push 600+ PAR in my reef because it’s shallower (1’ deep) but the range of the light is shocking.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks!
After watching the videos I noticed that with the source point lighting rather than strip lighting that the sides of some of my corals are shaded. Maybe that doesn't matter much though.
I still like the primes I just hope they'll work better in combo with strip lights.
These are three different tanks I used Primes on:
dropoffI.jpg
dropoff2.jpg
93g cube 10.28d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I prefer the Reef Flare from Reef Factory. They’re incredible for growing anything. My hammer has already split I believe 2 of its heads and looks to be ready to split all of its heads - one head looks to be ready to split into 3-4 heads!
Whilst under my Red Sea LED, they pushed minimal growth from my clam, SPS pretty much went downhill rather fast under those lights too.
Now I have SPS growing and loving it once they settle. Yes I have a bumpy time with them every so often - currently my Valida and birds nest are bailing out for what seems to be no reason. I feel like my limeberry birdsnest is bailing due to the Coral Goby.

But generally, I really do think the Reef Flare is a great light. But my whole nano is ran by Reef Factory’s things besides the skimmer, heater and pumps. My only issue is I can push 600+ PAR in my reef because it’s shallower (1’ deep) but the range of the light is shocking.
Well Im not upgrading again :face-with-tears-of-joy:

My frogspawn went from 2 heads to I think seven under the Fluval Marines so maybe we've all been overlooking the best light ;):rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is are three
dropoffI.jpg
dropoff2.jpg
93g cube 10.28d.jpg
different tanks I used Primes on:
Wow!! Well I'm certainly sticking to the primes then.

I don't know if I made it clear but my current set up is two AI primes with a of Blade behind.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Im not upgrading again :face-with-tears-of-joy:

My frogspawn went from 2 heads to I think seven under the Fluval Marines so maybe we've all been overlooking the best light ;):rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:.
Here’s my hammer, the front left one is the head I think is going to split into more than 2 heads.
7B8F95DD-C01C-4D47-9DEF-59F70000836C.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back