You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Loving these photos!! Following along!
 
Hey Daniel how’s the tank build coming?
Still waiting on the tank...

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office
 
I spammed my tank with cleanup crew. It's sparkling white once again. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I did that too! Now I have to target feed snails in the evenings and I almost lost all my Mexican turbos to starvation. Lost two before I realized and had to move the rest to the Refugium. I used to have beautiful red macro in there but the snails preferred that to my grape caulerpa and cheato.

Most people have algae issues so I guess I can’t complain that my tank is too clean.
 
I’ll kick off the spam with my newest fish :)
image.jpg
 
Well that’s good news. Very reassuring for my Zoa garden lol.
Luckily I don’t have that issue… Zoa’s in my tank don’t spread nearly as fast as they’re gobbled up. I haven’t caught who did it however I prefer keeping the fish and just going for different routes with the corals.
 
I think I'm going to sell a rock of my (and I'm sure many others) ugliest coral. Yellow parazoanthids:
IMG_5403.jpeg
That way I can replace it with an equally invasive if far far prettier coral in my GSP before it spreads:
IMG_5404.jpeg

I may also frag some of the GSP's skirt and glue it to the back. Its almost reached there anyway.

Story with the GSP is it was on one of my original rocks (without me knowing) and when I first filled up the tank and I mixed the saltwater in the tank and then thanks to a stuck hydrometer added way too much salt. So I think this coral has survived 1.000 to 1.035 salinity as well as no water and many other crazy parameter swings.
IMG_2984.jpeg
 
Tank looks good can't wait to see the progression of your tank!
 
I’ll kick off the spam with my newest fish :)
image.jpg
My new fish isn't nearly as pretty as yours but has potential:
IMG_2454.jpeg
IMG_2453.jpeg

The Lunatus isn't the prettiest yet but it is a very good eater and swims well so I'm hoping it does well.

This and me finally getting my phosphates to lower is what prompted this thread restart. Phospahates were stuck at 0.7 forever but I finally got them below 0.4 without a water change yesterday. I don't know if people noticed I balanced the refugium light on a bottle of rowaphos :face-with-tears-of-joy:. Anyway it's taken a lot of work and a lot of GFO to achieve this. I assume it had absorbed into the rocks but I think its shows that my refugium is working because my nitrates are around 5 and for the amount I feed that is a first.
 
Last edited:
My new fish isn't nearly as pretty as yours but has potential:
IMG_2454.jpeg
IMG_2453.jpeg

The Lunatus isn't the prettiest yet but it is a very good eater and swims well so I'm hoping it does well.

This and me finally getting my phosphates to lower is what prompted this thread restart. Phospahates were stuck at 0.7 forever but I finally got them below 0.4 without a water change yesterday. I don't know if people noticed I balanced the refugium light on a bottle of rowaphos :face-with-tears-of-joy:. Anyway it's taken a lot of work and a lot of GFO to achieve this. I assume it had absorbed into the rocks but I think its shows that my refugium is working because my nitrates are around 5 and for the amount I feed that is a first.
Not much?! That Lunatus is a stunner.
 
Not much?! That Lunatus is a stunner.
Thanks! Honestly when you said this I was thinking of calling bull but like every fairy its growing on me super quickly. It's zooming past other fish and grabbing the best bits of food for itself and just showing the great energy and personality I associate with this genus.
It's regaining color so fast too and in the blues this evening its horizontal stripes glowed which I'm pretty sure they didn't the day before. Unfortunately YouTube completely failed to capture it. So my attempts at video didn't work. Best I could do was a pretty awful screenshot:
IMG_5421.jpeg

The LFS owner assured me it would regain color very quickly once in a proper tank with rocks and I believed him and I think he may be right. It was one of the healthier fairies he had and that is the only type of fish I would have considered. I was very tempted on their Naokoae, Lubbocki and especially their Rubeus but the Lunatus won.

Also random photos:
IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg
 
Thanks! Honestly when you said this I was thinking of calling bull but like every fairy its growing on me super quickly. It's zooming past other fish and grabbing the best bits of food for itself and just showing the great energy and personality I associate with this genus.
It's regaining color so fast too and in the blues this evening its horizontal stripes glowed which I'm pretty sure they didn't the day before. Unfortunately YouTube completely failed to capture it. So my attempts at video didn't work. Best I could do was a pretty awful screenshot:
IMG_5421.jpeg

The LFS owner assured me it would regain color very quickly once in a proper tank with rocks and I believed him and I think he may be right. It was one of the healthier fairies he had and that is the only type of fish I would have considered. I was very tempted on their Naokoae, Lubbocki and especially their Rubeus but the Lunatus won.

Also random photos:
IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg
The blue lines glow so nicely under blues. My regal just radiates under blue lighting but because of how dark it is I can never get a good photo.
My naokoae has very similar blue lining to the lunatus and although it doesn’t show often (He lost some colour as he rarely flashes) they’re stunning I have a photo somewhere of him top down and the blue lines are incredibly obvious.
 
Following. i love Duncans as well, and have a small mini colony going in the middle of my tank. E2FE1B21-B4C9-4278-8CFD-F640597FA0CC.jpeg
DE496CE2-AF05-4B65-AE38-9368AE2DB19A.jpeg
Oooh nice tank! I love the aqua scape!

I do like my Duncan especially as it's proof I can grow a stony coral. The shape and movement are great but I've never considered it a favorite due to the lack of colors. Your green toadstool on the other hand is stunning!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new