You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This urchin….
D5DDA952-926A-41AC-84B4-C75847833E04.jpeg
This is why I only have an urchin in the nem tank. Can't stand them rearranging my stuff...

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IO Reef Crystals for this tank and IO regular for the other. I like the high alkalinity of reef crystals but not for the FOWLR which has a high alkalinity issue.
So your a IO guy.…
Nervous Episode 1 GIF by The Office

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with RPM and struggled with low alkalinity and pH. Also way way way cheaper and it works for me.
Always a RedSea guy. Usually a RedSea Blue Bucket Red Sea but now wanted to try out RedSea Black Bucket Coral Pro. Though I have realized that I can not mix Black Bucket like I did Blue Bucket. Much more thorough I’ve got to be and precise.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So coral question: I had identified these corals as a Scarlet Favia and a Yellow Leptastrea. However now I'm wondering if this is in fact a Spit Fire Leptastrea and Yellow Micro-Goniopora (or another relative of Goniopora)?
The first coral has encrusted and the maroon is fluffy. The yellow coral on the other hand has a dome shaped skeleton and has short stalks rather then the polyps being directly on the skeleton.
IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So coral question: I had identified these corals as a Scarlet Favia and a Yellow Leptastrea. However now I'm wondering if this is in fact a Spit Fire Leptastrea and Yellow Micro-Goniopora (or another relative of Goniopora)?
The first coral has encrusted and the maroon is fluffy. The yellow coral on the other hand has a dome shaped skeleton and has short stalks rather then the polyps being directly on the skeleton.
IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg
Looks like maybe a Lepto and I'd agree with the Leptastrea more than a micro Goni based on the polyps but it's possible. I'm not the best at coral IDs.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized we have very very similar clownfish.
True. My male is a very beautiful frostbite clownfish (a lot prettier than any of the google photos I just found) and the female is a boring domino clown.
82890811-659B-4048-B837-1F4628DC10F4.jpeg

Looks like maybe a Lepto and I'd agree with the Leptastrea more than a micro Goni based on the polyps but it's possible. I'm not the best at coral IDs.
I'm fairly sure the red and green one is a "spooky" leptastrea but the yellow one is definitely not the same type of coral but I don't know what that different coral is.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My male is a very beautiful frostbite clownfish (a lot prettier than any of the google photos I just found
True. Most of the ones I found when I searched it up looked….kinda rubbish lol.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question what does your Mag sit at? I’m aiming for 1400-1550 curious on what yours is?
You're asking the wrong person. For supplemental elements I use my hanna alkalinity meter and TM All For Reef. If my alkalinity is low I add some AFR. Thats it. I just guess that it keeps my elements at the right levels.

My tests are:
  • Refractometer with back up hydrometer
  • Analogue thermometer and digital temp controller
  • API Nitrate and pH tests.
  • Hanna Alkalinity and Phosphate
  • Seachem copper test
  • Ammonia test strips
I want a better pH test but haven't found one I like.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're asking the wrong person. For supplemental elements I use my hanna alkalinity meter and TM All For Reef. If my alkalinity is low I add some AFR. Thats it. I just guess that it keeps my elements at the right levels.

My tests are:
  • Refractometer with back up hydrometer
  • Analogue thermometer and digital temp controller
  • API Nitrate and pH tests.
  • Hanna Alkalinity and Phosphate
  • Seachem copper test
  • Ammonia test strips
I want a better pH test but haven't found one I like.
Grab a Salifert mag and calcium kit and a pH meter/probe from Amazon. Salifert is "cheap" and easy.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm fairly sure the red and green one is a "spooky" leptastrea but the yellow one is definitely not the same type of coral but I don't know what that different coral is.
Maybe a Cyphastrea? Doubtful but another possibility.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back