You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle of nowhere, Sparta. But may visit that on the way back to the Milwaukee. Sounds very very Wisconsin.:face-with-tears-of-joy:
Yeah, Sparta is a little ride even to LaCrosse and there is not much to do there anyways. House In The Rock is a different and cool place but I think it’s about 1.5 hours away. I lived in NE WI for several years and had reps scattered throughout WI and MN so I got to know a lot about back roads and different things to do while on the road.

edit: The Cheese Castle is a bit south of Milwaukee closer to IL.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Sparta is a little rude even to LaCrosse and there is not much to do there anyways. House In The Rock is a different and cool place but I think it’s about 1.5 hours away. I lived in NE WI for several years and had reps scattered throughout WI and MN so I got to know a lot about back roads and different things to do while on the road.
Well I've got a couple days in Minneapolis. Any good LFS'?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I'm on vacation. Seeing family vacation not fun vacation in Wisconsin and I didn't leave things as I would like. Unfortunately the Timor has stopped eating. It was eating really well in the LFS but only hesitantly eating at home. Since then its stopped. It will look but not eat. I suspect either a mouth injury or cyanide collection. Hopefully will pull through.
On top of that I think the algae I've been dealing with is dinos not cyano. It isn't causing massive problems and is only showing up on some rocks but is still depressing. Guess I shouldn't have attacked my phosphates so aggressively.

On the other hand the 3 new zoas are doing very well and are by far my 3 prettiest zoas. I have zoas that cost me the same as those 3 combined but these 3 are stunners. I've been infomed they are Candy Apple Reds, Ring of Fire, and Armor of God. I hope to frag the armor of gods and sell them to my LFS:
"What do you have for us today?"
"I have The ARMOR OF GOD!! ........ zoanthids."
I like the look of Candy Apply Reds (I think I've seen them called Kredds or Credds as well)? Armor of God are another nice one!

I picked up a couple of Zoas from Riptide the other day - not quite as holy named... Hell Hole and Hells Bells. Ironically I was at church when I bought them...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've got a couple days in Minneapolis. Any good LFS'?
Wish I could help you but I didn't get to Minneapolis often. As a matter of fact, I mostly skirted it when driving and would take 94 to 694 (bypass) back to 94 on my way to St. Cloud. I did visit a comedy club there once and I guess it's supposed to be a famous one. Can't remember the name though. There is also the Mall of America to visit. Or you can stick yourself in the eye with an ice pick 60-70 times. The experience is equally enjoyable.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help you but I didn't get to Minneapolis often. As a matter of fact, I mostly skirted it when driving and would take 94 to 694 (bypass) back to 94 on my way to St. Cloud. I did visit a comedy club there once and I guess it's supposed to be a famous one. Can't remember the name though. There is also the Mall of America to visit. Or you can stick yourself in the eye with an ice pick 60-70 times. The experience is equally enjoyable.
Rave reviews. I think I’ll pick the ice pick. I don’t like normal malls.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rave reviews. I think I’ll pick the ice pick. I don’t like normal malls.
Mall of America is not a normal mall or so they bill themselves. Last time I was there, 20 years ago or so, there were a lot of other activities happening besides shopping. There's also this...

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I think this Soap bottle is a bit small for a moorish Idol but at least they provided plenty of sponge.
00154466-022A-40D5-A488-E111B885F22A.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said but I got the Salifert Magnesium test before I left and got 1260ppm though I think I messed it up because the solution was definitely not blue yet so its probably higher. Anyway will need to do a full test of everything when I get home.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I need to be concerned with Manganese since I have a lot of Goniopora now?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does “you can’t have everything, where would you put it” signify?

It sounds very abstract.

To me, it means you can‘t have unlimited amount of tanks, but if you could, where would you put them? The kitchen? The -erm, bathroom?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It sounds very abstract.

To me, it means you can‘t have unlimited amount of tanks, but if you could, where would you put them? The kitchen? The -erm, bathroom?
It means we want more than what we can have so we have to be picky sometimes in my opinion.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It sounds very abstract.

I was always helping people do their tank stockings on here and I was on some people where they got on my nerves and I said "You can't have everything!" Which reminded me of the Steven Wright joke "You can't have everything, where would you put it." Thats about when I started this thread and as I wrote the stocking list (1st post btw) I realized how much stuff I'd managed to cram into a tank. Thus the name!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was always helping people do their tank stockings on here and I was on some people where they got on my nerves and I said "You can't have everything!" Which reminded me of the Steven Wright joke "You can't have everything, where would you put it." Thats about when I started this thread and as I wrote the stocking list (1st post btw) I realized how much stuff I'd managed to cram into a tank. Thus the name!
I'm super lightly stocked. What should I add next after the Foxface? I'm thinking another couple of Tang's, a Springeri Dottyback, and then a few more Chromis? I think I need another Prawn Goby and maybe a Pistol Shrimp or two. Should I add a Jawfish or Sand sifter like a Diamond or Orange Spot? :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super lightly stocked. What should I add next after the Foxface? I'm thinking another couple of Tang's, a Springeri Dottyback, and then a few more Chromis? I think I need another Prawn Goby and maybe a Pistol Shrimp or two. Should I add a Jawfish or Sand sifter like a Diamond or Orange Spot? :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Hahaha! If you think thats bad. There was a person who was defiant that they could easily keep ribbon eels, multiple tamarin wrasse, and wild caught Mandarins in their brand new first fish tank.

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hahaha! If you think thats bad. There was a person who was defiant that they could easily keep ribbon eels, multiple tamarin wrasse, and wild caught Mandarins in their brand new first fish tank.
Wait, what do you mean? I was being serious...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back