You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought it didn’t sound very crazy but I thought you were joking with the emojis hahahahaha
I'm kinda serious, kinda not. I have enough corals to eat up the nutrients and I feed with two feeders so there's enough food capability. I also want some Fairy or Flasher Wrasses, maybe both and a Swallowtail or Lamarck's Angel potentially...

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super lightly stocked. What should I add next after the Foxface? I'm thinking another couple of Tang's, a Springeri Dottyback, and then a few more Chromis? I think I need another Prawn Goby and maybe a Pistol Shrimp or two. Should I add a Jawfish or Sand sifter like a Diamond or Orange Spot? :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Well I thought you were the teacher and I was the student but if you want:
I don't keeo tangs or damsels because in my tank everyone is fun and peaceful and sings about rainbows.
I feel like chromis are best either alone or in the biggest group you can get
One pistol shrimp. Why do need two. They make you think your tank carcked with their loud snap.
Go for the yellowheaded jawfish. The bluespot needs colder.
I've given up on sand sifters they need so much dirty sand to actually be healthy. Orange spot is not a sifter though so would do well with a pistol shrimp.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda serious, kinda not. I have enough corals to eat up the nutrients and I feed with two feeders so there's enough food capability. I also want some Fairy or Flasher Wrasses, maybe both and a Swallowtail or Lamarck's Angel potentially...
Now your like @Petcrazyson when he came to me begging for stocking help. Stop changing your wanted stock every 5 minutes ;) :face-with-tears-of-joy:

But very much yes on all those fish. Fairies, flashers (not crusso), and those angels are all mt favorites.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now your like @Petcrazyson when he came to me begging for stocking help. Stop changing your wanted stock every 5 minutes ;) :face-with-tears-of-joy:

But very much yes on all those fish. Fairies, flashers (not crusso), and those angels are all mt favorites.
I'm not changing anything... I was adding to the list. 1" per gallon, currently running a 125 with a 40 gallon sump so that's 165" plus I have a 75 and a 90 sitting empty that I'm not going to stock so I'll add that length to the stock in this tank for an additional 160" so I should be good for 325" of fish in my 125. 3 Tang's, a Lamarck's, the two Halichoeres, 4 Chromis, 2 Damsels, a Dottyback, the Starry and Lawnmower, Hector's, 2 cleaner Gobies, the 7 Cardinalfish, five Fairy/Flasher Wrasses, the Two Spot, add an Orange Spot... Can someone add that for me?

ETA: I forgot to add the two Foxfaces.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not changing anything... I was adding to the list. 1" per gallon, currently running a 125 with a 40 gallon sump so that's 165" plus I have a 75 and a 90 sitting empty that I'm not going to stock so I'll add that length to the stock in this tank for an additional 160" so I should be good for 325" of fish in my 125. 3 Tang's, a Lamarck's, the two Halichoeres, 4 Chromis, 2 Damsels, a Dottyback, the Starry and Lawnmower, Hector's, 2 cleaner Gobies, the 7 Cardinalfish, five Fairy/Flasher Wrasses, the Two Spot, add an Orange Spot... Can someone add that for me?

ETA: I forgot to add the two Foxfaces.
I'm confused? How do empty tanks add to your tank? And two foxes? I thought that only works if they're opposite sex and since you can't sex them it often doesn't work?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm confused? How do empty tanks add to your tank? And two foxes? I thought that only works if they're opposite sex and since you can't sex them it often doesn't work?
It only works if you never fill the empty tanks. As soon as you add water you have to either tie it in to the existing system or deduct the inches from the existing system. It's science.
Animated GIF

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha! If you think thats bad. There was a person who was defiant that they could easily keep ribbon eels, multiple tamarin wrasse, and wild caught Mandarins in their brand new first fish tank.
Lol I remember him……. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Never actually listened to any of us lol………

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Right right you really thought I was coming at you like this?
Hungry Food GIF

Well maybe lol. To help me choose and lower my wrasse and need to sacrifice some I wanted then yes that was what I was doing ;)
Idc Crying GIF by Lili-Ann De Francesco

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Somehow my pluming failed and now the tank is running without a sump until I get home. Hoping it will be fine with no filtration until I get home Tuesday.
Overflow failed or return pump?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I use PF-1000 HOB Overflow. What appears to have happened is that for some unknown reason it was no longer able to handle the flow despite the fact I believe my pump is at nowhere near its 800GPH maximum and this is supposed to handle 1000GPH. SO the water level slowly rose which caused my ATO to go off. The pump then got turned off but that caused the sump to slightly overflow because of all the extra water in the system draining back to the sump.

I guess the good news is that it could have been way way worse.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I use PF-1000 HOB Overflow. What appears to have happened is that for some unknown reason it was no longer able to handle the flow despite the fact I believe my pump is at nowhere near its 800GPH maximum and this is supposed to handle 1000GPH. SO the water level slowly rose which caused my ATO to go off. The pump then got turned off but that caused the sump to slightly overflow because of all the extra water in the system draining back to the sump.

I guess the good news is that it could have been way way worse.
I've noticed that mine will sometimes get an accumulation of air in the tube causing a slowdown of water flow which then causes the siphon to break.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed that mine will sometimes get an accumulation of air in the tube causing a slowdown of water flow which then causes the siphon to break.
Yeah, I've lost one but never both. One seems to slowly drain of water while the other stays full. But I'd tested to make sure that it works with only one.

What a mess....

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, I've lost one but never both. One seems to slowly drain of water while the other stays full. But I'd tested to make sure that it works with only one.

What a mess....
I lose one and the second one speeds up but my tank level rises about a half an inch when it happens.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well apparently so far so good. The Timor is eating really well now apparently.

Went to the zoo and I’ll post pics later but @i cant think what type of hawk is this?
8E829CAB-F0F2-4A50-9C3A-7B99EB33464C.jpeg
That’s a beautiful arc eye - Paracirrhites actuatus.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back