You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yep, most weeks
If you're doing regular water changes you might be getting enough manganese depending on the salt mix. I'm not sure if you can overdose on it which is why I'd caution dosing if you can't test.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you sent in an ICP test?
It’s on the long list of things I’ve been putting off because I don’t want to spend the money.
If you're doing regular water changes you might be getting enough manganese depending on the salt mix. I'm not sure if you can overdose on it which is why I'd caution dosing if you can't test.
Thanks
Google got nothing for me but I assume it would be one of the “trace elements” included in reef crystals

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I just stick them in or should I cook them?
I'm thinking a chickpea curry over rice with a fruit salad for dessert. How spicy does a goni like?
They can probably handle some heat but I'd start about medium and see how they react.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you sent in an ICP test?
I’ve been needing to send an ICP… then when I go to my LFS, I get distracted by coral and it’s always forgotten about.

Gonis are a coral I’d die to own in my Softie reef (as kind of a merge between the LPS and leathers) but I just sit and read about them bailing…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1678892472638.png

edit: if you use any of these, not the cloves...
I’m thinking… Raspberry and Pineapple ontop of some merengue, hopefully the fish eat it ;)

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be more positive. Most of my tank still looks great!
IMG_6051.jpeg

The duncan was knocked off the rocks and spent a few days the wrong way up but look how happy it is in its new spot!
IMG_6052.jpeg

Finally my torch is loving the high light I'm giving it and has at least one new head!
IMG_6053.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be more positive. Most of my tank still looks great!
IMG_6051.jpeg

The duncan was knocked off the rocks and spent a few days the wrong way up but look how happy it is in its new spot!
IMG_6052.jpeg

Finally my torch is loving the high light I'm giving it and has at least one new head!
IMG_6053.jpeg
Look at that Red goni! That guys loving life, do you just have a weekly water change to replenish manganese?

Duncan’s have a special spot in my heart, I’d love a couple more in my tank but they just aren’t often for sale here and if they are then they’re a variant I have already.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at that Red goni! That guys loving life, do you just have a weekly water change to replenish manganese?
Yeah its weird how some are thriving while others bailout maybe its wild vs cultured or something else. As for water changes thats not why I was doing it but it is certainly a reason for me to continue.
Duncan’s have a special spot in my heart, I’d love a couple more in my tank but they just aren’t often for sale here and if they are then they’re a variant I have already.
I'm yet to see other color variants (excluding online stores) but have seen some cool alternate growth structures like the long branched variants.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've heard they need manganese?? But then I'd need to find manganese and know how much to dose.
@danieyella is really good for helping you out with manganese. Also I’ve been told by a friend and am planning to use phytoplankton for my Gonis and Alves. They seem to love this stuff a lot even more so than manganese. I want to ask Alex in a next livestream if he ever dosed phytoplankton for his Gonis. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t had good experiences with them.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@danieyella is really good for helping you out with manganese. Also I’ve been told by a friend and am planning to use phytoplankton for my Gonis and Alves. They seem to love this stuff a lot even more so than manganese. I want to ask Alex in a next livestream if he ever dosed phytoplankton for his Gonis. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t had good experiences with them.
What's your name?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious. You mentioned Alex so I'm sure I've seen you if it's the same Alex (which I'm pretty sure it is).
Hello everyone. My name is Ethan but I’m sure most of you know me as Petcrazyson....which I am lol. This will be my blah blah blah
Alex is the youtuber Reef Dork

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious. You mentioned Alex so I'm sure I've seen you if it's the same Alex (which I'm pretty sure it is).
Well……it’s my name and a Red Splatter Scoly. Which one are you? Also I’m guessing you’ve seen Whale Shark Guy I Can’t Think and I like WEIRD things?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well……it’s my name and a Red Splatter Scoly. Which one are you? Also I’m guessing you’ve seen Whale Shark Guy I Can’t Think and I like WEIRD things?
Never mind, wrong Alex. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the whale shark guy, there’s always a laugh out of him

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back