You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Car Chase Police GIF

Excuse me sir they need a 5000 gallon minimum ok!? And that’s a pond! Ugh everyone knows this ;) :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Nah, one of the fish stores here local keeps one and an Arrowana in a 1500. There's an Oscar in with them too I think...

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, one of the fish stores here local keeps one and an Arrowana in a 1500. There's an Oscar in with them too I think...
Lol I know. Kept them in a 100 before :face-with-hand-over-mouth:. Oscars don’t need much room.

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've got a couple days in Minneapolis. Any good LFS'?
New Wave Aquaria in Plymouth MN is by far the best I’ve been to in Minnesota. Great people, prices and they quarantine everything for two weeks before it hits the sales floor. Everything is healthy and displayed well.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Wave Aquaria in Plymouth MN is by far the best I’ve been to in Minnesota. Great people, prices and they quarantine everything for two weeks before it hits the sales floor. Everything is healthy and displayed well.
I went there!
Beautiful corals. Especially there torches! Also their johnsoni and potters wrasses were so pretty.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Alk is down to 10.5
Calcium to 400
Magnesium to 1200
Thats despite doing a water change on friday.

Guess I need to start dosing AFR
Ever thought of keeping your Mag high like in the 1500s?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever thought of keeping your Mag high like in the 1500s?
Nope!

I don't focus on numbers. I just want things in an acceptable range. I use All For Reef because it keeps everything at basically the right balance. I could of course add more and get my magnesium that high but I don't want the Alk too high. Above 12 it affects the mucus membrane on the fish's scales and makes them more likely to get disease or infection.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm being deployed to the Ohio train derailment for 16 days. Will be interesting but I'm worried about leaving my tanks again and for that length of time.
Also I ordered a new wrasse last week and I'm yet to hear from the vendor. I'm starting to get quite annoyed. I think I should just stick to LFSs at this point.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm being deployed to the Ohio train derailment for 16 days. Will be interesting but I'm worried about leaving my tanks again and for that length of time.
Also I ordered a new wrasse last week and I'm yet to hear from the vendor. I'm starting to get quite annoyed. I think I should just stick to LFSs at this point.
Good luck at the derailment.

Sounds like a cancellation for that wrasse order. :frowning-face:

There are a lot of reefers in and around ATL. No one you know, that is trustworthy, to pop in and check on things?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck at the derailment.
Thanks!
Sounds like a cancellation for that wrasse order. :frowning-face:
They just got back to me. Apparently the fish was out of stock. If the fish was out of stock why was it listed as "in stock" and more importantly why did they not tell me?! I had this happen with biota and they immediately contacted me to refund me the order and apologize for the mix up but not Reef Pro I had to contact them!
There are a lot of reefers in and around ATL. No one you know, that is trustworthy, to pop in and check on things?
My dad lives nearby and loves my tanks and dog. He keeps freshwater and knows enough to keep my tanks running well. He can't fix a plumbing problem like I had last week but day to day running is no problem for him.

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just got back to me. Apparently the fish was out of stock. If the fish was out of stock why was it listed as "in stock" and more importantly why did they not tell me?! I had this happen with biota and they immediately contacted me to refund me the order and apologize for the mix up but not Reef Pro I had to contact them!
Happy you mentioned the merchant so others are aware of their practices.

My dad lives nearby and loves my tanks and dog. He keeps freshwater and knows enough to keep my tanks running well. He can't fix a plumbing problem like I had last week but day to day running is no problem for him.
This is a huge plus! Get that lazy bum trained up on plumbing! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized my schedule is far too packed.
A few weeks in Ohio, followed pretty closely by a 4 day bachelor party (my friend is greedy hunh?), followed closely by a couple weeks in the UK (surpise @i cant think ).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized my schedule is far too packed.
A few weeks in Ohio, followed pretty closely by a 4 day bachelor party (my friend is greedy hunh?), followed closely by a couple weeks in the UK (surpise @i cant think ).
Where abouts are you going to be in the UK?
Got any plans to visit some of the LFSs? I assume they’re rather different to how the US has theirs setup.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back