You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally it had the emergency tag and it was him just shouting about how IO salt has 2.0 ammonia and everyone using it was killing their fish or some nonsense. Apparently this is his second thread on the subject. Seeing as its the most popular salt in the hobby most people took it as a weird joke. Thus my joke (though I did actually test it just for fun and of course got no ammonia).
I wonder if he was mixing in an old cleaning bucket. I saw it was the second thread he'd posted on the subject.
Like two minutes. Probably longer then the joke was worth...
but did you have fun doing it?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In unrelated news; I see you’re an “Article Contributor” @Slocke . I’ve always found it a little strange that there is not a link to the article embedded in the badge like it is with the “Build Thread Contributor” badge. Hey, why don’t you look into that between your work trips to near and far away places? You know, like maybe when you’re in a plane. ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And speaking of work trips: are you away from home now? You know, in case some of us want to break in and look around at your house.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but did you have fun doing it?
Yes, imagining posting it in its own thread with the emergency tag had me in imaginary stitches. :face-with-tears-of-joy: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

In unrelated news; I see you’re an “Article Contributor” @Slocke . I’ve always found it a little strange that there is not a link to the article embedded in the badge like it is with the “Build Thread Contributor” badge. Hey, why don’t you look into that between your work trips to near and far away places? You know, like maybe when you’re in a plane. ;)
Want a weird eel? Because thats how I got my badge. Of course now I'd rewrite half of it as I know far more but oh well. Snake Eels: The Safe Moray Alternative?
And speaking of work trips: are you away from home now? You know, in case some of us want to break in and look around at your house.
Not yet..... but yes thats why I'm being vague. I do have a housesitter and two big scary loud dogs though.
IMG_5889.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it! Fish moved around and this time I'm taking no chances and using the acclimation box until this evening. The yellowtail is so beautiful! Honestly so excited for it. Too bad I'll be away so much soon.
IMG_6109.jpeg

IMG_6111.jpeg

The cleaner wrasse has already asserted its dominance :face-with-tears-of-joy: . King of the tank despite being the tiniest.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want a weird eel? Because thats how I got my badge. Of course now I'd rewrite half of it as I know far more but oh well.
Can you not amend the article?

Not yet..... but yes thats why I'm being vague. I do have a housesitter and two big scary loud dogs though
Nothing a nice T-bone cannot take care of!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
saw the thread, started reading and found it tedious so I stopped.

I need to check my IO though for anything fishy.
My instant ocean has fishy stuff in it... Live rock, live sand, coral, fish, clean up crew, fish poop, fish food, phosphates, nitrates....

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My instant ocean has fishy stuff in it... Live rock, live sand, coral, fish, clean up crew, fish poop, fish food, phosphates, nitrates....
And the occasional finger.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back