You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I went to the second zoo I went to, Milwaukee, they were in the process of doing a 20,000 gallon water change on their 33,000 gallon amazon tank. I talked to the guy and they said on an average day they need to process 15,000 gallons of water.
They were also trying to start their first coral tank so I gave them some pointers. They were talking about what a pain in the butt it is doing a coral tank as they are so hard to get going and be pretty unlike other tanks, fresh and cold saltwater.
Sheepshead:
IMG_6034.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3055.jpeg
IMG_3045.jpeg
IMG_3043.jpeg

After talking with someone on here who was very passionate about zoa names I got these finally with good photos:
Armor of God!!!
IMG_3059.jpeg

Candy Apple Red:
IMG_3058.jpeg

Ring of Fire:
IMG_3023.jpeg
I’d love to start a Zoa wall in my nano, the Candy Apple is one I’ve always wanted to grow. Obviously all of them are gorgeous though :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to start a Zoa wall in my nano, the Candy Apple is one I’ve always wanted to grow. Obviously all of them are gorgeous though :)
You have to be careful though don’t you especially if you want to remove them at some point and not get exposed.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to be careful though don’t you especially if you want to remove them at some point and not get exposed.
Palytoxin?
It’s mostly from palythoa and you have to basically scrub them off or throw the rock in an oven to get poisoned.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Palytoxin?
It’s mostly from palythoa and you have to basically scrub them off or throw the rock in an oven to get poisoned.
Or squeeze them and squirt it in your eye.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will be careful if I do it!
I’ve always wanted to do a coral wall however in my nano, SPS are generally unable to thrive on the back wall (not enough room to grow out) so I’ll resort to Softies on the wall and in my Softie/mixed reef I’ll have acros on the back wall :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will be careful if I do it!
I’ve always wanted to do a coral wall however in my nano, SPS are generally unable to thrive on the back wall (not enough room to grow out) so I’ll resort to Softies on the wall and in my Softie/mixed reef I’ll have acros on the back wall :)
I mean you could do a GSP background like literally everyone lol.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palytoxin?
Correct but I’ve seen first hand what removing Zoas on the back wall can do to ya. They still hold enough Palytoxin to get you badly sick.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend no Raphael's.
I’m not actually doing fresh. I may due a palidarium or whatever it’s called but I know all my favorite fresh water fish are monsters. Silver arowana, arapaima, red tail cats…..

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m not actually doing fresh. I may due a palidarium or whatever it’s called but I know all my favorite fresh water fish are monsters. Silver arowana, arapaima, red tail cats…..
Do it! Redtail in a 2000 gallon tank!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it! Redtail in a 2000 gallon tank!
I wish redtails were saltwater, they’d look so nice in a full blown reef tank!
In fact, quite a few of the monster fish in freshwater would look stunning in a reef… Especially the Blood Red Arowana.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish redtails were saltwater, they’d look so nice in a full blown reef tank!
In fact, quite a few of the monster fish in freshwater would look stunning in a reef… Especially the Blood Red Arowana.
Agreed!!
Though I've always preferred the American arowana to the asian. The shape is just much more pleasing to me. Despite the lack of color. And arapaima are my favorite bony fish I think. The magma scales are incredible.

Back