You have a Zebrasoma with moren than 5 years ?

NAx0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

That is the question, if you have a zebrasoma with more than 5 years... what food do you give ? vitamins? minerals? complex ?

i have a Z. Desjardini with more than 7 years, and since 6 he has problems with head erosion.
I have tried many foods and complex's without succes.

I would like to know people who have long-lived zebrasoma without any type of erosion or lateral line, what food protocol use.

Thks!!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had one that long, but I know HLLE is a common problem for the Desjardini, mine has a touch of it after going through copper. It is getting better. I am currently preparing frozen foods, and adding Selcon. Something that I am hearing that is better for HLLE, is Zoecon instead of Selcon. I ordered some and am going to add to next batch of prepared food.

https://www.gotpetsupplies.com/prod...yEeb_1cfgnTsYJoqBhybrN5Xstpjr0tRoC39kQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
N

NAx0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had one that long, but I know HLLE is a common problem for the Desjardini, mine has a touch of it after going through copper. It is getting better. I am currently preparing frozen foods, and adding Selcon. Something that I am hearing that is better for HLLE, is Zoecon instead of Selcon. I ordered some and am going to add to next batch of prepared food.

https://www.gotpetsupplies.com/prod...yEeb_1cfgnTsYJoqBhybrN5Xstpjr0tRoC39kQAvD_BwE

I appreciate your opinion, I did not know this product, I will investigate thks.

In europe I have not located selcon ever.

thks :D

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your opinion, I did not know this product, I will investigate thks.

In europe I have not located selcon ever.

thks :D

I didn't realize you were in Europe! I hope you can find some! The selcon distributer here in the states is an hr from my house so I can drive to it if need be! LOL Cheers and Good Luck.

#reefsquad @4FordFamily @Humblefish
Do you know of anything to help HLLE that may be easy to get in Europe?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

That is the question, if you have a zebrasoma with more than 5 years... what food do you give ? vitamins? minerals? complex ?

i have a Z. Desjardini with more than 7 years, and since 6 he has problems with head erosion.
I have tried many foods and complex's without succes.

I would like to know people who have long-lived zebrasoma without any type of erosion or lateral line, what food protocol use.

Thks!!
Have you checked for stray voltages? I know that is suspected to cause HTLLE in fish.

I wish you luck finding the Zoecon!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our purple tang is over 7 years old, never had an issue. I feed religiously with LRS reef frenzy, sheets of nori, reef cavier or roe from reef nutrition. PE mysis pellets and ocean nutrition formula one pellets. I don't soak any foods in vitamins. Recent pic my wife took today.
Resized_20180209_144435.jpg

OP
OP
N

NAx0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our purple tang is over 7 years old, never had an issue. I feed religiously with LRS reef frenzy, sheets of nori, reef cavier or roe from reef nutrition. PE mysis pellets and ocean nutrition formula one pellets. I don't soak any foods in vitamins. Recent pic my wife took today.
Resized_20180209_144435.jpg
wow he looks very amazing, unfortunately, I look in online-stores and not found any of you foods. :( I will continue searching

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow he looks very amazing, unfortunately, I look in online-stores and not found any of you foods. :( I will continue searching
Zeocon is a blend of marine sourced omega 3 fatty acids. It contains both DHA and EPA fatty acids. You may be able to find those from a different manufacturer.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also believe that part of keeping HLLE away is feeding lots of high quality nori, two types at a minimum, alternating. I’ve kept zebrasoma for years without HLLE and I do as @HotRockTarBaby mentioned as well.

Last edited:

cardiffgiant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a yellow for over 10 years. I lost him when the power went out while I was traveling.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back