You know you're really into reefing if...and other conversations

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You actually consider what would become of your reef if you were to die...and make preparations for such a hopefully distant eventuality.

Ok... you stole my thunder! While traveling to the hospital for a procedure this morning, I literally spent an hour giving my hubby directions about tank and fish care as well as how to log on to R2R to post fish and equipment in the for sale forum in case something bad happened. I talked nonstop about how to care for my different tanks, do water changes, how much and what to feed each tank, and lastly, how to get onto R2R to sell my livestock and equipment should something bad happen. I do have a LFS that has already agreed to take all my fish should I die before they close (my backup plan), but I would prefer my fish to go to people who will love and care for them as much as I do. The point is, I could have been sharing bonding time with the hubby before the procedure and instead I'm worried about my fish! Priorities...yikes! LOL

Cque2222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your always seeking knowledge pertaining to it and learning. So much to learn, a humbling thing really.
Always searching forums and reddit everyday learning new stuff everyday, sharing the info with new people as well.

the internet really made this hobby amazing, I remember 10 years ago I could not find information other than in books and small forums.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you're really into reefing if...
You are on a first name basis with most of the LFS owners & shop keepers. While there, you usually run into random "fish buddies" and have catch-up conversations. Your significant other calls these stores looking for you when you are late coming home!
And all "family" vacations that don't consist of relative visits are to tropical reef collection sites and your kids don't like the beach anymore.

Hijinks_78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... you stole my thunder! While traveling to the hospital for a procedure this morning, I literally spent an hour giving my hubby directions about tank and fish care as well as how to log on to R2R to post fish and equipment in the for sale forum in case something bad happened. I talked nonstop about how to care for my different tanks, do water changes, how much and what to feed each tank, and lastly, how to get onto R2R to sell my livestock and equipment should something bad happen. I do have a LFS that has already agreed to take all my fish should I die before they close (my backup plan), but I would prefer my fish to go to people who will love and care for them as much as I do. The point is, I could have been sharing bonding time with the hubby before the procedure and instead I'm worried about my fish! Priorities...yikes! LOL
My wife and I were watching a television show about a man wrongly convicted of a crime and sent to prison. I started telling her things about the tank that she will need to do until my good name is cleared. Now I’m low key stressed about being wrongly convicted and the inevitable tank crash and I suspect she is worried about having to do water changes and figure out dosing by herself...

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wife must have been wondering what a double life you've been living to get involved in a crime as said suspect in the first place. Hahaha. I freaked my husband out too with my many directions. I don't think he remembers half of what I said. I'll have to write my fish into my will to make sure they're cared for properly until they find new homes when I kick off this corporal existence. Hum... Putting a fish tank in a will... That's not an eccentric or strange thing, right? LOL

Twistytheclownpleco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still don't have my first salty tank yet but I have 6 fresh water and it's kinda the same... But when you would rather buy fish, tanks and things instead of a car or other important things. Even though I really need a car. But I'm scared of driving. Fish aren't scary. Im not even sure anyone would relate to this though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You actually consider what would become of your reef if you were to die...and make preparations for such a hopefully distant eventuality.

This would be me :) Well ,, all of the ones on the first page would be me ,, still going thru the post :) I always check the weather in Memphis before I order corals ,, this where my corals seem to run into problems in the winter time :(

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually wrote a really long in depth post about this topic but my wife said it was depressing and people would want to discuss this topic so never posted.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local police have visited me a couple of times also thinking I had a grow room - also seeing people leave with small bags.. nosy neighbors!

We're currently curing live rock in two brute tase cans in one of our bathrooms and had people over for the holidays... The conversations got real interesting. "Have you guys seen Breaking Bad? Is that what's going on? There aren't humans in those cans, right".

Opened them up to show them the rocks and everyone was like what the heck. lol

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shopping for a new camera and one of the most important (if not only) requirements is that it can auto-focus through 12mm of low iron glass and 8" of saltwater, color balance an intense blue light (say in the 440-480 nm range) and handle a few hundred PAR.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back