If it weren't for dated photos you would never really know

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mixed reef tank is two and a half years old. I started it with caribsea life rock and it seemed to take over a year until the tank really stabilized, but that's another story. I started taking pictures of the reef and keeping them in a log. The log has been a good tool for me and I know lots of reefers keep them. My goniopora and slow burn montipora have been battling over space lately with a goniopora winning the battle. I slightly adjusted the two of them to give them a little more space and looked back to see when I added the Slow Burn. It was 6 months ago. I'm looking at the photograph amazed at the amount of growth of that coral. This thread isn't about bragging over coral growth, which I know many can, it's more about the shock of seeing how much growth happened over a 6-month period without really noticing. If it weren't for the photographs I would have never really known. This is while getting stung constantly under an AI Prime at a modified Saxby schedule.
IMG_20240114_164331.jpg

IMG_20240114_170154.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A photo journal is a very good tool.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first 30 years that my reef existed there were no cell phone camera's so I had to take old film photo's that had no date stamp.

(Film is like Scotch tape but pictures stick to it) :cool:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first 30 years that my reef existed there were no cell phone camera's so I had to take old film photo's that had no date stamp.

(Film is like Scotch tape but pictures stick to it) :cool:
Nothing was as cool as watching a poloroid develop right in front of my eyes. It was like magic. Well watching film develop in a dark room was pretty darn cool too. My grandfather was photographer and I was lucky enough to spend some time in the darkroom with him.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back