You want to save the Earth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WVNed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2018
Messages
10,206
Reaction score
39,477
Location
Hurricane, WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do something about this.
I got this little bit of stuff.
IMG_1022-L.jpg

It came packed in this.
IMG_1021-L.jpg

This isn't even all of it
IMG_1023-L.jpg
 
On the flip side if it didn't come in all of that and was damaged then there would have been a different post all together.

I hear what you are saying but looking at the photo most of that stuff can be recycled judging by the amount of cardboard. Not sure what the ratio is but the way I see it - it is glass half full half empty. You want your goods to arrive in one piece then packaging is going to be needed. Judging by the post I'm guessing you are already recycling...

If you want to save the earth there are more pressing issues.
 
Recycling isn't a thing here. But I think there is somewhere I can take it. Going to try.

I wouldn't have a problem if some things came in returnable shipping containers you had to pay a deposit on. Then they would arrive safe and not make trash.
 
Now that just takes the fun out of it!
It does
but it will keep the tank warm enough in the winter if the power goes out. Unless I can talk the wife into the whole house generator we had quoted.
 
maybe instead of 'doing something about the cardboard' a recycling plant can be set up in your area? I can't believe recycling isn't a thing in your area in this day and age... fire up those petition websites and create some jobs for your community!
 
Recycling isn't a thing here. But I think there is somewhere I can take it. Going to try.

I wouldn't have a problem if some things came in returnable shipping containers you had to pay a deposit on. Then they would arrive safe and not make trash.

Returning is actually an interesting option.

No recycle? Location or area you live in? Figured everyone would be doing that these days.
 
While this isn't exactly R2R stuff -- this relates to your topic. I had an after-hours teen Fortnite Nerf event at my library last January. I had people in my department collect larger boxes they got from Amazon, etc in November and December (holidays) so the teens could build forts, etc between the library stacks with the boxes for the Nerf war. I collected over 300 boxes from about 20 people in two months. There is that much "trash" in the world.
 
Returning is actually an interesting option.

No recycle? Location or area you live in? Figured everyone would be doing that these days.
My parents live in a tiny town. They have to drive a half hour to bring recycling anywhere.
 
So heres what you do
Get an old steel water stock tank from some farmer. They rust and wont hold water. Toss in the cardboard and old newspapers. Make layers. Mix in some peat moss old leaves ect.. Top with a layer of dirt. Now you have a lasagna garden. Plant some seeds or better yet toss in a few old cherry tomatoes or seeds from a breakfast melon. You have now saved the earth and have some thing to eat in the future.
 
This is a bit off topic - but I guess not really - google 'recycling fraud'. Apparently much of the stuff we 'recycle' either goes on a boat to china (they have recently stopped accepting it), or is placed in landfills. Only a fairly small percentage is actually 'recycled'.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new