Your 2019 Reef: Tell us what you have planned!

Do you have BIG reefing plans for 2019?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 186 50.7%
  • NO

Votes: 146 39.8%
  • Maybe, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 35 9.5%

• Total voters

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the Keys live rock I bought two weeks ago cycled and rebuild the 90-gallon tank. Get rid of the dry rock I started with 15 months ago. Expand the system to house the BTAs. Get the UV and IR research done. Write up results and publish!
The live rock has cycled, and it is beautiful! Coralline algae of many genera are encrusting, and there are a few brown encrusting corals as well (brown corals are exactly what I need to do the UV and IR procedures - fluorescence really complicates things. Added Turbo and Astrea snails to the live rock curing vat (a 100-gallon Rubbermaid tub) to handle diatom (?) growths. Bought some Caulerpa alga and added it too (yeah, I know, old school.) Added live sand a couple of days ago. Bulkhead fittings arrived. I'll take some photos and post in my build thread next week.

I_Got_Crabs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up my first quarantine system in November, and will never not quarantine fish/coral/inverts/macro algar again.

Plan to convert the biocube into a frag tank once all the fish and corals have been through quarantine and are in my new 65 gal system.
20181230_163324.jpeg

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see a drug developed.....that makes an addicted reefer stop spending money on more corals, fish, and equipment. That way you can take some fiscal vacations from the hobby [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Syed123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More frags. Gonna populate the front of the tank with low light coral. Also thinking of getting a second clam to compliment my squamosa.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back