Your Dream aqarium controller...

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your Dream aquarium controller capabilities? (yes I know several things I describe below are in beta test with a particular company, however I'm not promoting them and they arn't here yet.)

RULES
1. Must be todays Tech.. No fantasy things that don't exist. Practical using today's tech.
2. Lets leave cost out of the equation for now. But the idea is that should be practically priced in today's market.

My system would include
1. All components to communicate wirelessly with each other. Dosers, Powerbars, extra test items like Trident, KH Director, Ion Director... All these on a wireless communication platform.
2. All the companies that make gear that work on a wireless network agree on a common protocal so items like Pumps, lights, testers, dosers, controllers all can communicate together. No Propitary BS, Companies need to work together to succeed together.
3. No more 1-10V BS. Get on the wireless bandwagon.
4. Being able to buy dosers in singles or groups.
5. Testing equipment that is easily mounted out of the way. I don't need a goofy design or a bunch of boxes to stack.
6. Dosers with heads that are designed for the hobby not taken from medical.
7. Rotatable doser heads. The ability to point it in any direction to accommodate mounting locations better.
8. Simple programing, no need for a degree in computer code to be able to get your skimmer to come on 5 minutes after the system restarts from feeding or maintenance.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good wish list.. individual dosers with rotatable heads are available now, I just picked up a couple coral box single head dosers and one of my favorite features is being able to rotate the head to get the proper alignment for my hoses.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back