Your Reef Black Friday Order Cancelled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Denali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an email the Monday following BF apogizing for the delay in responding to my order. I wasn’t worried, i wasn’t in a rush. The email explained they had some “unforeseen circumstances” Then Tuesday I get another email saying my order along with all orders within the last week were cancelled because someone poisoned their system. Did anyone get this same response? Really trying to believe this but It’s not sitting well.

3C32AD5F-9D68-43F9-97DF-94FFDA568E4C.jpeg

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every single item on their website is marked as out of stock even for equipment stuff. Not sure if this is the reason why they had to cancel all existing orders to address their crisis.

GrapevineReefs

Chalices & Carnations
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my this is so sad Your Reef is my local online vendor here in Sacramento. I know him and his store very well I can’t Imagine this happening to him he has just gotten an Amazing shippment of chalices and plate corals the days before Black Friday. I hope they catch who did this what a terrible thing I’m surprised this isn’t bigger news in the community a Coral store getting their tanks POISONED!! That’s bananas

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no reason to doubt them. I have heard of several others with cancelled orders as well. Whether it was someone poisoning their system or not it is clear they had a big issue and it sounds like they are doing the right thing and quickly cancelling/refunding orders. Feel bad for them I am sure they certainly did not intend to have to cancel all the orders from what is probably one of it not the busiest sales periods of the year for them.

Nate’sTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am a local to Your Reef and can confirm this is true. John is a great dude and runs an honest business. Just recently they closed doors after an incident happened and they haven’t even been selling dry goods. Don’t let this incident put a sour taste in your mouth. I am hoping once the case is resolved they are able to get back on their feet quickly.

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I just want do say thank you to everyone for the phone calls emails and Facebook messages! I do greatly appreciate all the kindness and support.
Sorry that I am having a hard time answering everybody, it’s a pretty painful situation and although I do appreciate it, talking about it is not easy.
I know everyone has a lot of questions but just not a lot we can say for now. We have provided the insurance company with all we can as well as the police. Now it’s a waiting game to see if they discover who disliked us enough or had enough to gain by killing so many animals. Either way it takes a pretty sick person to want to shut us down this bad. .
Some of you know I’ve had a lot of these corals 10-20 years and it took a long time to collect enough to make a steady business from it. Not to mention I care about each one of them. They’re kind of my pets, my hobby and the only source of income for my kids and me.
Most of you didn’t know about the hidden tanks in back either. All told we lost 32 tanks full of coral and all corals from the display tanks as well. With all the ammonia from the dying corals and inverts we also lost most of our fish in the Coral tanks. We have a few that are trying to hang on but not much. Overall just really sad.
Also had to lay off my employees who have been so good to me. Not a fun couple of weeks.
I’m not one on asking for help but I’m guessing at some point i’m gonna have to swallow my pride and ask. There’s a lot to be torn out and and removed in order to insure the systems are safe again for new Coral. Calcium buildup in the tanks and pvc is like a sponge for toxins/ poison in the water so much needs to cleaned and or replaced before new Corals can be added.

Anyway, thank you all again. I really do appreciate it and I hope we can reopen soon. If we do I will find a way to make improvements and it much more secure for the Animals.
Thank you

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY CRAP John that is HORRIBLE!!!

I have actually been out of reefing for 10 years but I just started going online again because I want to start again.
I would be happy to come help you out for free if you can use some help.
LMK here, James Dawson
Thank you. I appeciate that. I'm sure I'll be needing help. Just waiting on the ins Co to figure things out.

LiquidSpace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a local and recently got back into the hobby. Your Reef is a fantastic LFS and I always considered myself very lucky to live near such a high quality store. Not only do they have high quality corals but the best fish I’ve ever had came from this store too!

I was very disheartened to hear that this happened to John. It looks like they’re aiming to reopen by late March tops? I’m standing pat on adding corals into my new system until this LFS is back up and running.

KIKe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a local to Your Reef and can confirm this is true. John is a great dude and runs an honest business. Just recently they closed doors after an incident happened and they haven’t even been selling dry goods. Don’t let this incident put a sour taste in your mouth. I am hoping once the case is resolved they are able to get back on their feet quickly.
Yeah dude, I am a local dude too, I kinda miss them, it really is sad to see such things happen.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard about this today and wanted to extend thanks to anyone and everyone who stepped up to help out, donate corals and otherwise help this LFS get back up and running. You do your community proud! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

LiquidSpace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He posted on Facebook that he is re-opening on April 29th yessss

Where are you seeing this? I didn’t see it on their page. Great news though, I have been waiting to add more corals until he opened!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back