Your WWC Experience

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of ordering from WWC, but I was wondering how clean their frags are. I normally like to do the 45 day QT but I am curious how many of you have QT'd a coral from there and if you ever saw anything like bubble algae or what not pop up on their frags

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some nice pieces from them and some that were complete dead garbage. Which was funny because they said they had pictures at the time they were packaged for shipping but when I asked to see them they said they had been deleted. To your point, I have not seen any nuisance algae on the frags but they have raised their prices to ridiculous levels for what they are offering.

OP
OP
Spare time

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as clean and healthy they pretty gold..as far as price they are also very high where you can find frags at lower prices…personally I don’t buy from them cause of their pricing. Lots of better folks out there

Yeah I am mostly looking at some of their cheaper frags. I like their cheap shipping price which is the only reason I am considering them if I can't find something local.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am mostly looking at some of their cheaper frags. I like their cheap shipping price which is the only reason I am considering them if I can't find something local.
Check out Timeless Corals WYSIWYG section on their website. The stuff I get from them is twice as big as WWC and much less costs

Bnichols124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being 2 hours from WWC I tend to stop down 1 to 2x a year. Tanks are always clean and the store front is spot less. The frags you get are smaller and a bit pricey. Now I belive they still do the 10 day guarantee, in that case the extra price increase could be the reason why.

I've never seen a pest from their coral witch is way more important to me then any algea issue. I have seen small areas of hair algea on frags before but that dosnt bother me at all as most times I pop the frag off the plug.

Hope this helps, deff a good company but like others said you can get better prices sometimes else where

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly after trying a variety of different vendors including WWC, I went back to AquaSD and haven't looked back. Never had any pests or nuisance algae, frags are always healthy, good sized, and extremely reasonably priced. Shipping is also very reasonable.

They also have a live sale tomorrow and sunday and will have some killer deals.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used WWC a couple of times. Very happy. I did have 2 doa's on the first round but they gave me store credit I used on the second order. Price wise it was great because I did the WWC R2R live sale. Fun!

Frags were clean. They recommend no dip or water acclimation because of stress. so I just did float and drop.
Their instructions do say you can dip after 3-4 days but I didn't.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been several years since i bought anything there but i remember their corals always being free of pests. Nothing more recent though as i wont pay their prices.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lots of orders of the years when I see good deals, never have I seen a pest on mine also bubble algae isn't contagious like that it can always develop macros, on the other hand.

Tomoya808

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my favias, favites, and some zoas from them. I did pick mine up at the post office since I couldn't take off work, but it was fine. I did purchase it during their flash sale back in November and I am finding them fine right now.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is I look at the coral, see the nice pictures, look at the price, and then laugh real hard.

They aren't far from me, so I've visited in person. I personally didn't see any algae or problems on their corals. The frags looked very clean and so did their systems. Very well taken care of.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Don’t shop there anymore . I usually drive to top shelf aquatics or living reefs In Orlando . I do go to frag shows and I have a hand full of other places I shop online . From my experience I haven’t found any store online or local that is 100% pest free nor would I ever trust that they were . Always quarantine and or dip Pryor along with visual inspect . My best deals were at the smaller frag shows .

Last edited:

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten a lot of frags from them in the past. Used to live 45 minutes from them. Usually good frags. Their pictures are highly photoshopped and never look like that but they are healthy corals. Have gotten vermetid snails from them a few times.

Best bet is to do the live sales , otherwise prices are absurd.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely have spionids.

OP
OP
Spare time

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten a lot of frags from them in the past. Used to live 45 minutes from them. Usually good frags. Their pictures are highly photoshopped and never look like that but they are healthy corals. Have gotten vermetid snails from them a few times.

Best bet is to do the live sales , otherwise prices are absurd.

Vermatids are my arch nemesis and I shall destroy them all even if it's the last thing I ever do

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back