Yuma help

Bryon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two yuma's I can't get to attach to anything. One is about the size of a dime, the other the size of a silver dollar. I've got them in an acclimation type box in the tank with rubble rock and shells. It's been about two weeks and they refuse to attach. I've used this method with regular mushrooms and they attach in about a day or two. Is there anything else I can try? I've had more success getting a Yuma to attach to a moving snail then to anything else.
image.jpg

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love ricordias but they hate my tank. I just think they do not like where they are. Either the lighting or flow. Like an anemone they will attach where they like and feel secure. If they do not they will drift around. I bought them attached and too much flow and light in my tank and they left the object. I got them to reattach by placing them in a mesh basket like strawberries come in and filled it with the rocks.

Ward9320

It's NOT a Nemo!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain on this. When I first got my yuma it came on a plug and soon after I got it acclimated and in my tank it came loose and started floating around. I tried holding it in place and putting it in all different places in the tank and it wouldn't stay put, needless to say I was getting very upset with it. Finally I took it and set it in a dip on one of my rock and put a small piece of rubble rock on top of it. After a day I took the rubble off and it is still sitting in that same spot to this day and has about doubled in size.

Here is a picture of it...
Yuma.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back