Yuma? Mushroom balloon?

RedSea50Gang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
25
Reaction score
6
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this mushroom for over a year I think it’s a Yuma. It has always had one kind of bigger little balloon (for lack of knowing the actual term). This morning I noticed that bigger balloon is huge and the rest are a little shriveled. What’s up with it? Looks healthy otherwise... is it norma to have one giant inflated one??? See pics
EA9D8789-D4C5-4DEF-9F3F-BBB5ECD0E923.jpeg
EA9D8789-D4C5-4DEF-9F3F-BBB5ECD0E923.jpeg
9DA2AF55-F8D5-4E89-AAA3-9225526A5630.jpeg
 
We call them bounce bubbles. There's nothing to worry about as it doesn't affect the health of the coral. Your mushroom looks a little oblong and might be close'ish to splitting into two! Believe it or not but that bubble makes your coral worth more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new