Yumas get more colorful with time?

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS just got some interesting-looking large yumas in--lots of times they don't know what they have... I see they might have possibilities--should I buy them & hope they color up? They aren't that expensive & they are having a 20% off sale.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'll take a chance on a couple of them. They just came in & they're not in very good light.

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes, if they look pale or washed out then I am sure they will become more vivid with better lighting and settleing. I'm sure alot of them come in pale from shipping stress. Then the transfer to tank to tank doen't help much for color.....I would chance it.....

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont think they will turn color. They have a chance of coloring up but I think if they are green, they will stay green. If they are purple they will stay purple. They may geta a little better looking but not change color.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that's what I meant as well.......

What are YOU doing here Currentking? This site is for people with reefs tanks......J/K

Questin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take note of the LFS lighting system for that tank. I have seen lots of brown in the LFS turn to a wonderful pink or orange because they get put under better lighting and they always had that good color. 20% off is a good deal anyways, even if its not a wonderful bright color. If you get a lot of the same thing in the tank, but there are a lot of differnt color, it looks really awesome, even if some of the colors are very plain.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll get a couple. They are kind of dark but I do see some colors in them. They are also in a pretty dark spot.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals will definitely deepen in color, and sometimes change color completely once their in your tank. Corals at the LFS often haven't been there long and have lost some color due to the stress of shipping, being moved in the tank, and often being in a very crowded tank. It's amazing how much coral color can change. I had a completely brown acro turn a wonderful deep blue, almost like the Oregon tort. That's a unique case, but all corals will change color some.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I did not. There is still one rock left & of course there are less shrooms & less color on them. Maybe I should PU anyway?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back