Is there a particular fish that is expensive but is worth owning?

gavin2511

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
inbound4620720050611367294.jpg
heres one of the pricey fish in my tank

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the large angels. I won’t get them because they eat Coral but man do I want one!
It really depends on the fish. Many of them will be fine with SPS... it's softies and LPS that are typically a concern. My blueface doesn't touch sps but I haven't tried any LPS because it seems like a risk. Some softies are fine. Mushrooms are fine. Like tangs, you'll want to offer them plenty of space to roam and places to hide.

My most expensive fish is a fiji golden hawkfish. I paid about $235 but that was wholesale price. It was a rare opportunity... I've never seen one for sale anywhere else.

At some point I'd like to buy a conspic angel. They are more reasonably priced now, but still quite high.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on the fish. Many of them will be fine with SPS... it's softies and LPS that are typically a concern. My blueface doesn't touch sps but I haven't tried any LPS because it seems like a risk. Some softies are fine. Mushrooms are fine. Like tangs, you'll want to offer them plenty of space to roam and places to hide.

My most expensive fish is a fiji golden hawkfish. I paid about $235 but that was wholesale price. It was a rare opportunity... I've never seen one for sale anywhere else.

At some point I'd like to buy a conspic angel. They are more reasonably priced now, but still quite high.
I hear you. While I’m turning into a stick head, I still love the motion of LPS so I’ll probably always have at least some in my tanks. Especially in a tank that’s large enough to house one of the bigger angels. I’ve considered a FOWLR but really love Coral so we’ll see. Definitely gorgeous fish!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my most expensive not by what I pay for as get free but what he eat my 2 cleaner shrimp, diamon goby.pistol shrimp

inbound5641030402924152870.jpg
Yeah that is one way a fish can get expensive!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back